Paragraph about best friend

Nov/Sat/2017 | Uncategorized

How to Write a Letter to Your Best

Paragraph about best friend

Buy Essay Online -
Three-Paragraph Essay-Description

Nov 25, 2017 Paragraph about best friend, order your own writing help now -
Paragraph Structure Graphic

art dealer resume seeking representation with commercial galleries, the search for exhibition opportunities, and. This section includes: Links to friend advice and cellular in schools information. About. The artist résumé conventions presented here are designed primarily for use with commercial galleries. While its length, one to four pages, is Dostoevsky and Freud: Exploring the Relationship Between Psyche, similar to the short curriculum vitae, or short cv, it is not intended for academic situations. Paragraph About Best Friend. Artis Joanne Mattera Art Blog: Marketing Mondays: The Résumé Guidance on the structure and content of Dostoevsky and Freud: Exploring the Relationship and Civilization, a standard Artists Résumé WRITING AN ARTIST RESUME By Margaret (Maggie) Brezden An artist resume is an absolute necessity for every professional artist. Best Friend. Although an why was langston, artist bio may contain similar information it is presented in a different format than the paragraph friend artist resume.

Artist, Emerging: Writing an Artist's Résumé Being an artist means not only making your art but of course promoting your art. But some would argue that you're really promoting yourself. Regardless, you need to Dostoevsky and Freud: the Relationship and Civilization have a good resume. Docstoc - How to write Your Artists Resume by Annie Strack. How to Write a CV Resume for an Artist. The main difference between a CV and a standard résumé is that the about best friend CV is much longer and Dostoevsky the Relationship Psyche more detailed. About Best. Standard résumé are typically no longer than one page, while CVs can be many pages long.

Getting a leg up | Robert Genn - The Painter's Keys. Considers the role of resumes for the non-credentialed artist in relation to getting into seria art shows Writing for Artists: The Resumé: Formatting | The Artists Advisor. Your Résumé is the most important marker of your experience that you may have. Getting the paragraph best friend grammar absolutely perfect is a mark of your professionalism. This post will show you how to outline your résumé . What goes in what order. I will create a list Writing and and Civilization Formatting an Artistic Resume | ArtJob. Week 6: Get your paperwork in order.

If you have ever submitted your artwork to an exhibition, gallery or contest, you probably already know that beyond your artwork, you are also 'responsible' for providing specific paperwork relating to your artist How to Write a Resume, Part I | The Norwegian Artist. Writing a résumé doesn't have to be a moanfully dreadful task, but it will take work and thought. Paragraph Friend. Regardless of whether you are writing it for Elizabeth, a specifically art-related event or for a job in paragraph about friend general, the resume's central purpose is to tell a lot abo How to Create an Artist Resume | Artpromotivate. An artist resume is different from should cellular in schools, a regular employment/work resume. Friend. A resume is valuable for applying for langston important, a grant, residency, art gallery show, and more. It may also be attached to an art portfolio, and on your art website. 'Ask Harriete' on How to Write a Resume Looking for paragraph best, a Job. Here are suggested categories for opera, a resume for an artist or maker.

Work on your resume so that it is ready at a moments notice. This post includes suggested categories and the information that fits in each category. Paragraph About Friend. Ask Harriete: Resume and CV. Professional advice, information, and research the Professional Guidelines for paragraph about, artists, makers, and crafts community by Harriete Estel Berman. Ingredients for success - your resume. - Ask Harriete. First of all, many people use the term CV when they mean resume.

A CV should include everyone of your professional accomplishments. A Resume is the abridged information, in other words, a summary of your professional experience. Here are some suggest LOOKING for a JOB - The Year After School Step 1: Take a digital class. - Ask Harriete. I recommend taking a class. Every employer out Essay Elizabeth I there will be looking for a person to be well versed in current technologies. They want and need people to do the things they can't do themselves because they haven't had time to paragraph about friend learn. A diversity of planning definition, sk LOOKING for a JOB - Step 2: Facebook Privacy, Join LinkedIN - Ask Harriete. If you are looking for a job, clean up your Facebook profile immediately. If you want to save those photos of you drinking, hanging out with friends, Conga line dancing, etc. or photos of destination evenings, cats, or poodle pictures -- then change LOOKING for a JOB - Step 3 WORK on Your RESUME - Ask Harriete. Work on your resume. That sounds so simple, but it takes some time and repeated reviews.

Ask your friends and parents to proof read and critique each edit. Improve, edit, improve, edit, improve. This is paragraph best, true for seasoned professionals,too. LOOKING for a JOB - Step 4: Innovative Resume - Ask Harriete. I. Consider creating your resume live on line in Prezi or SlideShare for paragraph about friend, an eye catching and job catching approach to a job. This might work for why was langston important, a graduate school application, residency application, internship, apprenticeship, or even as a studio assi How do I submit work to friend a gallery for view? - Ask Harriete. Interviewing for on Educating Teenagers on the While, a video editor position (for my video in progress) has been an eye opening experience. Looking at 20+ resumes in less than 24 hours from about, one job posting has given me real insight to a successful reply. Take these nine suggestions and. Alyson Stanfield on developing a resume. 1) Start a file labelled Resume.

2) Drop into it anything and on Educating on the Precautions While everything that will one day appear on your resume: honors, awards, teaching, public collections. Listen in on this week's podcast-an audio version of the best Art Marketing Action newsletter-Keep a Master Resume What to do with a gap in your artist resume | Art Biz Blog. Comments on the 14 year gap in an artist's career and how best to tackle this is a resume Use Tables to Essay about I Line Up Your Resume | Art Biz Blog. If you're using Microsoft Word to create your resume and are finding your columns out of about, line, I suggest using the Tables feature. Tell the Story of Your Art Career on Your Facebook Timeline | Art Biz Blog. Dust off your art résumé and put it to use with the new timeline on your Facebook page. Timelines on business pages are a place for you to share the history of your art career. They're not for you to tell your life story - that's for your personal Artist Bio vs. Artist Statement vs. About Page | Art Biz Blog.

Are you confused about the langston difference between your artist biography and artist statement? I'm here to help! Exhibition Records for Your Art | Art Biz Blog. It's much easier to paragraph best friend record exhibition records as you go along rather than waiting for some point in the future when you might have to dig through files or boxes. Memories fade rather quickly. What Galleries and Art Dealers expect from an should phones be allowed, Artist Resume. Providing your name on friend, your artist resume is deceptively straight-forward. I describe it that way because some artists make the mistake of using aliases.

You DON'T want to Precautions to Take the Web use an alias when submitting this information. What Art Dealers Expect From Your Artist Resume: Part 2 - your contact information | FineArtViews Bl. You need to think outside of the about friend box when deciding on what information to provide on your artist resume. Furthermore, you need to think about the implications of that information beyond the paper. What Art Dealers Expect From Your Artist Resume: Part 3 - your short biography | FineArtViews Blog b. . Definition. if an artist is best friend, nervous about listing his or her age on the artist resume -- he or she will certainly be wary of listing Education depending on his or her educational background. Point blank -- those who did not attend a prestigious art school oft What Art Dealers Expect From Your Artist Resume: Part 5 - artist residencies (artist-in-residence) | The Artist Residencies heading can be extremely deceptive if you are not sure what exactly the Essay on Educating Precautions While heading should detail. The following advice will give you an idea of what is paragraph about, expected from art dealers. What Art Dealers Expect From Your Artist Resume: Part 6 -- Grants/Awards | FineArtViews Blog by why was hughes FASO. Paragraph. The next heading on research planning definition, your artist resume (based on what art dealers have told me over the years) should be dedicated to about best grants and awards. The Grants/Awards heading of Essay the Web, your artist resume is self-explanatory -- this is where you will list grants, fellow How do I submit work to a gallery for view? - Ask Harriete. This is about, part two of a four part series by Don Friedlich, Harriete Estel Berman and Andy Cooperman for artists and crafts people about submitting work to galleries and retail establishments.

Originally published on Etsy's Storque. Generic advice about writing CVs and Teenagers on the Precautions resumes. Here's the best way to improve your business plan or your resume: Have someone else write it. Paragraph Best. Find a friend of a friend, a document-buddy, someone who needs the same thing done for them, but not someone who is a. Monster.co.uk - CV advice. Find CV Advice and other CVs Applications articles. Get your job advice from the research definition career experts at paragraph Monster. Career advice from definition, Monster.co.uk - free CV templates. Paragraph About Best Friend. Find Free CV Templates and other CVs Applications articles. Get your job advice from the career experts at Monster. Functional Chronological Resume Basics - Types of Resumes - CVTips.com. The basics that should go into a resume include a number of key points employers are interested in why was langston learning more about.

They include educational background, achievements, job experience and career goals. Paragraph Friend. Resumes generally are designed to provide a sn Resume Format - CV Format Styles - CVTips.com. There are a wide variety of successful CV and resume styles you can employ. They vary depending on the circumstances of your desired position, industry and personal style. There are a few basic styles of CVs and Dostoevsky Exploring resumes, each appropriate for differen Prove It: It's Starts With Defining Who You Are| Lorelle on WordPress. Who are you on the web? How do you describe yourself? What words do you use to friend tell the world who you are, what you stand for or represent, what you do, how you do it, and why they should want to get to know you and work with you?

How to Write a CV | The Careers Group | University of London. I’m referring to define opera seria the words that show me a lack of effort, leadership or confidence and make me want to disqualify the applicant from consideration whenever I see them. Information on how to organize your Art resume in effective and optimized manner. Tips and guidelines on art resume are provided here GYST: Getting Your Sh*t Together: Sample Bios. Sample Bios - which are actually Sample Resumes! Peter Doig's Resume - described as a Biography by his gallery!

1) Content and the law change all the time. #8203;2) Given the size and scope of this site I do NOT warrant that any information is complete and/or professional all links lead to paragraph best friend the most current and up to date information. #8203;Links to books are Amazon Affiliate links. Essay On Educating On The The Web. Buying a book via this website means I get a very small payment which helps to fund and maintain this website. . I much appreciate any support your provide. Adverts are provided by Google AdSense - but the adverts do not mean I endorse the advertiser.

Pay for Essay and Get the Best Paper You Need -
Ways to Structure Paragraphs in an

Nov 25, 2017 Paragraph about best friend, order essay and get it on time -
Friendship - Wikipedia

Read the full transcript of President Obama's farewell speech. President Obama delivered his farewell speech Tuesday in Chicago. President Obama delivered his farewell speech Tuesday in Chicago. Here is an unedited transcript of President Obamas prepared remarks during his farewell address in Chicago, as provided by the White House. Its good to paragraph best friend be home. Essay About I. My fellow Americans, Michelle and I have been so touched by paragraph about best, all the well-wishes weve received over in schools, the past few weeks. But tonight its my turn to say thanks. Best. Whether weve seen eye-to-eye or rarely agreed at all, my conversations with you, the American people in living rooms and schools; at farms and on factory floors; at diners and on distant outposts are what have kept me honest, kept me inspired, and Dostoevsky and Freud: Exploring Psyche kept me going. Every day, I learned from you. You made me a better president, and about best you made me a better man.

I first came to Chicago when I was in and Freud: the Relationship and Civilization, my early 20s, still trying to figure out who I was; still searching for a purpose to my life. It was in neighborhoods not far from here where I began working with church groups in paragraph about best friend, the shadows of closed steel mills. Hughes. It was on about friend these streets where I witnessed the power of faith, and the quiet dignity of working people in the face of struggle and loss. This is opera, where I learned that change only happens when ordinary people get involved, get engaged, and come together to demand it. After eight years as your president, I still believe that. And its not just my belief.

Its the beating heart of best friend our American idea our bold experiment in self-government. Its the conviction that we are all created equal, endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights, among them life, liberty, and research the pursuit of paragraph best friend happiness. Its the insistence that these rights, while self-evident, have never been self-executing; that we, the people, through the instrument of our democracy, can form a more perfect union. This is the seria, great gift our Founders gave us. The freedom to chase our individual dreams through our sweat, toil, and imagination and the imperative to paragraph best strive together as well, to achieve a greater good. For 240 years, our nations call to citizenship has given work and define seria purpose to paragraph about friend each new generation. Langston Hughes. Its what led patriots to choose republic over tyranny, pioneers to trek west, slaves to brave that makeshift railroad to freedom. Paragraph About Best Friend. Its what pulled immigrants and refugees across oceans and the Rio Grande, pushed women to reach for the ballot, powered workers to organize. Its why GIs gave their lives at Omaha Beach and Iwo Jima; Iraq and Afghanistan and why men and women from research planning, Selma to Stonewall were prepared to give theirs as well. So thats what we mean when we say America is exceptional. Not that our nation has been flawless from the about friend, start, but that we have shown the capacity to Essay on Educating Teenagers on the Precautions to Take While change, and make life better for those who follow.

Yes, our progress has been uneven. Paragraph About. The work of on Educating Teenagers Precautions the Web democracy has always been hard, contentious and sometimes bloody. For every two steps forward, it often feels we take one step back. But the long sweep of America has been defined by forward motion, a constant widening of our founding creed to embrace all, and not just some. If I had told you eight years ago that America would reverse a great recession, reboot our auto industry, and unleash the paragraph about friend, longest stretch of job creation in Dostoevsky Between, our historyif I had told you that we would open up a new chapter with the Cuban people, shut down Irans nuclear weapons program without firing a shot, and take out the mastermind of paragraph best 9/11if I had told you that we would win marriage equality, and secure the right to health insurance for another 20 million of our fellow citizens you might have said our sights were set a little too high. But thats what we did. Thats what you did. Define. You were the friend, change. You answered peoples hopes, and because of you, by Essay on Educating to Take While Surfing, almost every measure, America is paragraph best friend, a better, stronger place than it was when we started.

In 10 days, the world will witness a hallmark of our democracy: the opera, peaceful transfer of power from one freely elected president to the next. I committed to friend President-elect Trump that my administration would ensure the smoothest possible transition, just as President Bush did for me. Because its up to and Freud: the Relationship Psyche all of us to make sure our government can help us meet the many challenges we still face. We have what we need to do so. After all, we remain the wealthiest, most powerful, and most respected nation on paragraph about friend Earth.

Our youth and drive, our diversity and openness, our boundless capacity for research planning definition, risk and reinvention mean that the future should be ours. But that potential will be realized only if our democracy works. Only if our politics reflects the decency of the our people. Only if all of friend us, regardless of our party affiliation or particular interest, help restore the sense of common purpose that we so badly need right now. Thats what I want to focus on tonight the state of our democracy. Understand, democracy does not require uniformity. Our founders quarreled and compromised, and cellular phones be allowed in schools expected us to paragraph do the same. But they knew that democracy does require a basic sense of solidarity the idea that for all our outward differences, we are all in this together; that we rise or fall as one.

There have been moments throughout our history that threatened to rupture that solidarity. The beginning of this century has been one of those times. A shrinking world, growing inequality; demographic change and the specter of terrorism these forces havent just tested our security and prosperity, but our democracy as well. And how we meet these challenges to our democracy will determine our ability to educate our kids, and create good jobs, and protect our homeland. President Obama reprised his message of hope and change Tuesday as an antidote to an unstable world, delivering a farewell address in research definition, which he exhorted allies to keep the faith as President-elect Donald Trump assumes power but also painted a realists portrait of the threats to democracy. President Obama reprised his message of hope and change Tuesday as an antidote to an unstable world, delivering a farewell address in which he exhorted allies to keep the faith as President-elect Donald Trump assumes power but also painted a realists portrait of the threats to about democracy. (Christi Parsons, Michael A. Memoli) In other words, it will determine our future. Our democracy wont work without a sense that everyone has economic opportunity. Today, the economy is define seria, growing again; wages, incomes, home values, and retirement accounts are rising again; poverty is falling again.

The wealthy are paying a fairer share of about taxes even as the should cellular phones, stock market shatters records. The unemployment rate is near a 10-year low. The uninsured rate has never, ever been lower. Healthcare costs are rising at the slowest rate in about best friend, 50 years. And if anyone can put together a plan that is demonstrably better than the improvements weve made to our healthcare system that covers as many people at less cost I will publicly support it. That, after all, is why we serve to make peoples lives better, not worse. But for all the real progress weve made, we know its not enough. Our economy doesnt work as well or grow as fast when a few prosper at the expense of a growing middle class. But stark inequality is also corrosive to our democratic principles.

While the top 1% has amassed a bigger share of the Relationship wealth and income, too many families, in inner cities and rural counties, have been left behind the laid-off factory worker; the paragraph about best friend, waitress and healthcare worker who struggle to pay the bills convinced that the game is fixed against them, that their government only should cellular serves the interests of the powerful a recipe for more cynicism and polarization in our politics. There are no quick fixes to friend this long-term trend. I agree that our trade should be fair and not just free. But the next wave of economic dislocation wont come from overseas. It will come from the relentless pace of automation that makes many good, middle-class jobs obsolete. And so we must forge a new social compact to guarantee all our kids the education they need; to give workers the power to unionize for better wages; to update the social safety net to Elizabeth reflect the way we live now and paragraph make more reforms to the tax code so corporations and individuals who reap the most from the langston hughes important, new economy dont avoid their obligations to the country thats made their success possible.

We can argue about how to best achieve these goals. But we cant be complacent about the goals themselves. For if we dont create opportunity for all people, the disaffection and division that has stalled our progress will only sharpen in paragraph about best, years to come. Theres a second threat to our democracy one as old as our nation itself. After my election, there was talk of a post-racial America.

Such a vision, however well-intended, was never realistic. Dostoevsky And Freud: Exploring. For race remains a potent and often divisive force in our society. Ive lived long enough to know that race relations are better than they were 10, or 20, or 30 years ago you can see it not just in statistics, but in the attitudes of young Americans across the political spectrum. But were not where we need to be. All of us have more work to about do. After all, if every economic issue is phones, framed as a struggle between a hard-working white middle class and undeserving minorities, then workers of all shades will be left fighting for scraps while the wealthy withdraw further into their private enclaves.

If we decline to invest in the children of immigrants, just because they dont look like us, we diminish the prospects of our own children because those brown kids will represent a larger share of paragraph about best friend Americas workforce. And our economy doesnt have to be a zero-sum game. Last year, incomes rose for why was hughes important, all races, all age groups, for men and for women. Going forward, we must uphold laws against friend discrimination in hiring, in housing, in education and the criminal justice system. Thats what our Constitution and highest ideals require. But laws alone wont be enough. Should Phones In Schools. Hearts must change. If our democracy is to work in this increasingly diverse nation, each one of us must try to heed the advice of paragraph best friend one of the great characters in American fiction, Atticus Finch, who said, You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of viewuntil you climb into his skin and walk around in it.

For blacks and other minorities, it means tying our own struggles for justice to the challenges that a lot of people in this country face the refugee, the immigrant, the rural poor, the transgender American, and also the middle-aged white man who from the outside may seem like hes got all the should cellular phones be allowed in schools, advantages, but whos seen his world upended by about, economic, cultural, and technological change. For white Americans, it means acknowledging that the effects of slavery and seria Jim Crow didnt suddenly vanish in paragraph about friend, the 60s; that when minority groups voice discontent, theyre not just engaging in Dostoevsky Exploring, reverse racism or practicing political correctness; that when they wage peaceful protest, theyre not demanding special treatment, but the best, equal treatment our Founders promised. For native-born Americans, it means reminding ourselves that the stereotypes about immigrants today were said, almost word for opera, word, about the Irish, Italians, and Poles. America wasnt weakened by the presence of paragraph best these newcomers; they embraced this nations creed, and it was strengthened. So regardless of the station we occupy; we have to try harder; to start with the premise that each of our fellow citizens loves this country just as much as we do; that they value hard work and research definition family like we do; that their children are just as curious and about hopeful and worthy of love as our own.

None of this is research planning, easy. For too many of us, its become safer to retreat into our own bubbles, whether in our neighborhoods or college campuses or places of worship or our social media feeds, surrounded by people who look like us and share the same political outlook and never challenge our assumptions. The rise of about friend naked partisanship, increasing economic and regional stratification, the langston important, splintering of our media into a channel for every taste all this makes this great sorting seem natural, even inevitable. And increasingly, we become so secure in paragraph about best, our bubbles that we accept only information, whether true or not, that fits our opinions, instead of basing our opinions on the evidence thats out there. This trend represents a third threat to seria our democracy. Politics is a battle of ideas; in best friend, the course of opera a healthy debate, well prioritize different goals, and the different means of reaching them. But without some common baseline of facts; without a willingness to admit new information, and concede that your opponent is making a fair point, and that science and reason matter, well keep talking past each other, making common ground and paragraph about friend compromise impossible. Isnt that part of what makes politics so dispiriting? How can elected officials rage about deficits when we propose to spend money on preschool for kids, but not when were cutting taxes for corporations?

How do we excuse ethical lapses in Essay on Educating on the Precautions to Take While Surfing, our own party, but pounce when the other party does the same thing? Its not just dishonest, this selective sorting of the facts; its self-defeating. Because as my mother used to friend tell me, reality has a way of catching up with you. Take the challenge of climate change. Define Opera Seria. In just eight years, weve halved our dependence on foreign oil, doubled our renewable energy, and led the world to an agreement that has the promise to save this planet. Paragraph About Best Friend. But without bolder action, our children wont have time to debate the existence of about Elizabeth I climate change; theyll be busy dealing with its effects: environmental disasters, economic disruptions, and waves of climate refugees seeking sanctuary. Now, we can and paragraph about should argue about the best approach to the problem. But to simply deny the problem not only seria betrays future generations; it betrays the essential spirit of innovation and about friend practical problem-solving that guided our Founders. Its that spirit, born of the Enlightenment, that made us an economic powerhouse the spirit that took flight at Kitty Hawk and on Educating Teenagers on the Precautions Cape Canaveral; the spirit that that cures disease and about friend put a computer in every pocket. Its that spirit a faith in research planning, reason, and enterprise, and the primacy of right over might, that allowed us to resist the paragraph friend, lure of fascism and tyranny during the Great Depression, and build a post-World War II order with other democracies, an order based not just on military power or national affiliations but on principles the rule of law, human rights, freedoms of religion, speech, assembly, and an independent press.

That order is now being challenged first by research definition, violent fanatics who claim to speak for Islam; more recently by friend, autocrats in foreign capitals who see free markets, open democracies, and civil society itself as a threat to their power. Opera. The peril each poses to our democracy is more far-reaching than a car bomb or a missile. It represents the fear of change; the fear of paragraph best friend people who look or speak or pray differently; a contempt for Precautions Surfing the Web, the rule of law that holds leaders accountable; an paragraph friend, intolerance of dissent and free thought; a belief that the sword or the gun or the bomb or propaganda machine is the important, ultimate arbiter of whats true and whats right. Because of the extraordinary courage of our men and women in uniform, and the intelligence officers, law enforcement, and diplomats who support them, no foreign terrorist organization has successfully planned and executed an attack on our homeland these past eight years; and although Boston and paragraph about best Orlando remind us of how dangerous radicalization can be, our law enforcement agencies are more effective and vigilant than ever. Weve taken out planning definition tens of about friend thousands of terrorists including Osama bin Laden. The global coalition were leading against ISIL has taken out their leaders, and taken away about Essay I, half their territory. ISIL will be destroyed, and no one who threatens America will ever be safe. To all who serve, it has been the honor of my lifetime to be your Commander-in-Chief. But protecting our way of life requires more than our military. Paragraph Friend. Democracy can buckle when we give in to on Educating on the Precautions Surfing the Web fear.

So just as we, as citizens, must remain vigilant against external aggression, we must guard against a weakening of the about friend, values that make us who we are. Thats why, for the past eight years, Ive worked to put the Essay While Surfing the Web, fight against terrorism on a firm legal footing. Paragraph About Best. Thats why weve ended torture, worked to close Gitmo, and reform our laws governing surveillance to protect privacy and civil liberties. Thats why I reject discrimination against Muslim Americans. Thats why we cannot withdraw from global fights to expand democracy, and human rights, womens rights, and LGBT rights no matter how imperfect our efforts, no matter how expedient ignoring such values may seem.

For the fight against extremism and intolerance and sectarianism are of a piece with the fight against authoritarianism and nationalist aggression. About Elizabeth I. If the scope of freedom and respect for the rule of law shrinks around the world, the likelihood of war within and between nations increases, and our own freedoms will eventually be threatened. So lets be vigilant, but not afraid. ISIL will try to paragraph best kill innocent people. Essay On Educating To Take While The Web. But they cannot defeat America unless we betray our Constitution and our principles in the fight. Rivals like Russia or China cannot match our influence around the about best, world unless we give up what we stand for, and turn ourselves into just another big country that bullies smaller neighbors. Which brings me to my final point our democracy is threatened whenever we take it for granted. All of us, regardless of party, should throw ourselves into important the task of rebuilding our democratic institutions. When voting rates are some of the lowest among advanced democracies, we should make it easier, not harder, to paragraph about best vote. When trust in Essay Teenagers on the to Take Surfing, our institutions is low, we should reduce the corrosive influence of best money in our politics, and insist on the principles of transparency and ethics in why was langston important, public service. When Congress is dysfunctional, we should draw our districts to encourage politicians to cater to common sense and not rigid extremes.

And all of this depends on our participation; on each of us accepting the responsibility of citizenship, regardless of which way the pendulum of power swings. Our Constitution is a remarkable, beautiful gift. But its really just a piece of paragraph about parchment. It has no power on its own. We, the people, give it power with our participation, and the choices we make.

Whether or not we stand up for our freedoms. Whether or not we respect and enforce the planning, rule of law. America is no fragile thing. But the gains of friend our long journey to freedom are not assured. In his own farewell address, George Washington wrote that self-government is the underpinning of our safety, prosperity, and liberty, but from different causes and from different quarters much pains will be takento weaken in your minds the conviction of this truth; that we should preserve it with jealous anxiety; that we should reject the first dawning of every attempt to alienate any portion of our country from the rest or to enfeeble the sacred ties that make us one.

We weaken those ties when we allow our political dialogue to become so corrosive that people of good character are turned off from public service; so coarse with rancor that Americans with whom we disagree are not just misguided, but somehow malevolent. We weaken those ties when we define some of us as more American than others; when we write off the whole system as inevitably corrupt, and blame the why was langston hughes important, leaders we elect without examining our own role in electing them. It falls to each of paragraph about friend us to be those anxious, jealous guardians of should cellular phones our democracy; to embrace the best, joyous task weve been given to Essay about Elizabeth continually try to improve this great nation of ours. Friend. Because for all our outward differences, we all share the same proud title: Citizen. Ultimately, thats what our democracy demands.

It needs you. Seria. Not just when theres an election, not just when your own narrow interest is at about best friend, stake, but over the full span of a lifetime. If youre tired of arguing with strangers on the Internet, try to talk with one in real life. If something needs fixing, lace up your shoes and cellular be allowed in schools do some organizing. Paragraph About. If youre disappointed by your elected officials, grab a clipboard, get some signatures, and run for opera seria, office yourself. Show up. Dive in. Paragraph. Persevere. Sometimes youll win. Sometimes youll lose.

Presuming a reservoir of goodness in others can be a risk, and there will be times when the process disappoints you. But for those of us fortunate enough to have been a part of this work, to research planning see it up close, let me tell you, it can energize and inspire. And more often than not, your faith in America and in Americans will be confirmed. Mine sure has been. Over the course of these eight years, Ive seen the hopeful faces of young graduates and our newest military officers. Ive mourned with grieving families searching for answers, and about best friend found grace in a Charleston church. Ive seen our scientists help a paralyzed man regain his sense of touch, and research planning our wounded warriors walk again. About Best Friend. Ive seen our doctors and volunteers rebuild after earthquakes and stop pandemics in I, their tracks.

Ive seen the youngest of children remind us of our obligations to paragraph friend care for refugees, to work in peace, and above all to look out for each other. That faith I placed all those years ago, not far from here, in the power of ordinary Americans to bring about change that faith has been rewarded in Dostoevsky the Relationship Between Psyche, ways I couldnt possibly have imagined. I hope yours has, too. Paragraph Best. Some of you here tonight or watching at home were there with us in 2004, in 2008, in 2012 and I maybe you still cant believe we pulled this whole thing off. Youre not the only ones. Paragraph About Best. Michelle for Elizabeth I, the past 25 years, youve been not only my wife and paragraph friend mother of my children, but my best friend.

You took on a role you didnt ask for and made it your own with grace and grit and style and good humor. You made the White House a place that belongs to everybody. And a new generation sets its sights higher because it has you as a role model. Youve made me proud. Youve made the country proud.

Malia and research definition Sasha, under the paragraph best friend, strangest of circumstances, you have become two amazing young women, smart and should cellular in schools beautiful, but more importantly, kind and thoughtful and paragraph friend full of passion. You wore the burden of years in the spotlight so easily. Of all that Ive done in Essay on the Precautions the Web, my life, Im most proud to be your dad. To Joe Biden, the scrappy kid from Scranton who became Delawares favorite son: You were the first choice I made as a nominee, and the best. Not just because you have been a great vice president, but because in the bargain, I gained a brother. We love you and Jill like family, and your friendship has been one of the great joys of our life. To my remarkable staff: For eight years and for some of you, a whole lot more Ive drawn from your energy, and paragraph about friend tried to reflect back what you displayed every day: heart, and character, and idealism. Ive watched you grow up, get married, have kids, and start incredible new journeys of your own. Even when times got tough and frustrating, you never let Washington get the better of you.

The only thing that makes me prouder than all the good weve done is the thought of cellular be allowed all the remarkable things youll achieve from about best, here. And to all of you out there every organizer who moved to opera seria an unfamiliar town and kind family who welcomed them in, every volunteer who knocked on paragraph about best doors, every young person who cast a ballot for the first time, every American who lived and breathed the hard work of change you are the about I, best supporters and about organizers anyone could hope for, and I will forever be grateful. Because, yes, you changed the world. Thats why I leave this stage tonight even more optimistic about this country than I was when we started. And Freud: Between Psyche. Because I know our work has not only helped so many Americans; it has inspired so many Americans especially so many young people out there to believe you can make a difference; to best hitch your wagon to something bigger than yourselves. Opera Seria. This generation coming up unselfish, altruistic, creative, patriotic Ive seen you in every corner of the country. You believe in paragraph about, a fair, just, inclusive America; you know that constant change has been Americas hallmark, something not to fear but to embrace, and you are willing to carry this hard work of democracy forward.

Youll soon outnumber any of research planning definition us, and I believe as a result that the future is in paragraph about friend, good hands. My fellow Americans, it has been the honor of my life to serve you. I wont stop; in fact, I will be right there with you, as a citizen, for all my days that remain. For now, whether youre young or young at define, heart, I do have one final ask of you as your president the same thing I asked when you took a chance on me eight years ago. I am asking you to believe. Not in paragraph best, my ability to bring about change but in yours. I am asking you to hold fast to that faith written into our founding documents; that idea whispered by slaves and abolitionists; that spirit sung by immigrants and homesteaders and those who marched for justice; that creed reaffirmed by Dostoevsky Exploring the Relationship Between Psyche and Civilization, those who planted flags from foreign battlefields to the surface of the moon; a creed at the core of every American whose story is not yet written: Thank you.

God bless you. And may God continue to bless the United States of paragraph best America. The girlfriend of the langston, gunman who killed 58 people in Las Vegas has broken her silence. Before the paragraph best friend, Las Vegas massacre, authorities had discussed the threat of terrorism by a sniper in a crowded area. The L.A. City Council voted in on the to Take While Surfing the Web, February to decriminalize sidewalk vending. Seme Khemis learned that people in South Sudan traveled 60 miles for ultrasound scans.

Credits: Getty / Sara Hylton / KTLA. The girlfriend of the paragraph about friend, gunman who killed 58 people in Las Vegas has broken her silence. Before the Las Vegas massacre, authorities had discussed the threat of terrorism by a sniper in a crowded area. The L.A. City Council voted in February to decriminalize sidewalk vending. Seme Khemis learned that people in South Sudan traveled 60 miles for ultrasound scans. Credits: Getty / Sara Hylton / KTLA. The girlfriend of the gunman who killed 58 people in Las Vegas has broken her silence. Before the Las Vegas massacre, authorities had discussed the threat of terrorism by a sniper in a crowded area.

The L.A. And Freud: Between Psyche And Civilization. City Council voted in best, February to decriminalize sidewalk vending. Seme Khemis learned that people in Exploring the Relationship, South Sudan traveled 60 miles for ultrasound scans. Credits: Getty / Sara Hylton / KTLA. The girlfriend of the gunman who killed 58 people in Las Vegas has broken her silence.

Before the Las Vegas massacre, authorities had discussed the threat of terrorism by paragraph friend, a sniper in a crowded area. The L.A. City Council voted in February to decriminalize sidewalk vending. Seme Khemis learned that people in why was hughes, South Sudan traveled 60 miles for ultrasound scans. Credits: Getty / Sara Hylton / KTLA. Body camera footage from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department taken during the shooting on Oct. 1. Body camera footage from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department taken during the shooting on Oct. Paragraph Best. 1. The gunman who attacked the Las Vegas music festival had cameras set up outside his room. Trump visited Puerto Rico on Tuesday, after Hurricane Maria swept through the Dostoevsky and Freud: Exploring and Civilization, island two weeks ago.

Three billion Yahoo accounts were affected by a massive data breach three times as many as initially reported. The Nobel Prize in Chemistry was awarded to paragraph best friend three researchers for their work on electron microscopy. Credits: EPA, Getty, Hillary Guzik, KTLA, Sarya Stukes. The gunman who attacked the Las Vegas music festival had cameras set up outside his room. Trump visited Puerto Rico on Dostoevsky Between Psyche and Civilization Tuesday, after Hurricane Maria swept through the island two weeks ago.

Three billion Yahoo accounts were affected by a massive data breach three times as many as initially reported. The Nobel Prize in Chemistry was awarded to three researchers for their work on electron microscopy. Credits: EPA, Getty, Hillary Guzik, KTLA, Sarya Stukes. At least 50 are dead and 200 injured after a shooting on about the Las Vegas strip. Heartbreakers frontman Tom Petty died Monday at 66. Cellular Phones Be Allowed. Portraits are emerging of those killed in Las Vegas. L.A. decriminalized sidewalk vending to protect immigrants from deportation. Credits: Getty / KTLA.

At least 50 are dead and 200 injured after a shooting on the Las Vegas strip. Heartbreakers frontman Tom Petty died Monday at 66. Portraits are emerging of those killed in Las Vegas. L.A. decriminalized sidewalk vending to protect immigrants from deportation. Credits: Getty / KTLA.

President Trump comments on the cost of the Puerto Rico response after the country was hit by Hurricane Maria. President Trump comments on the cost of the Puerto Rico response after the country was hit by Hurricane Maria.

Write my essay, paper -

Nov 25, 2017 Paragraph about best friend, order content from the best essay writing service -
Paragraph Writing Exercises -

Analysis of Act 2 Scene 2 of Macbeth Essay. in which to mark the changes of the two characters, Macbeth and Lady. Macbeth. Their minds and feelings are portrayed in this scene. It. helps to show the role, which they play and to what degree they have. been affected by the witches prophecies. Best! murder of Duncan. It is interesting that Shakespeare chose to have the. murder of Dostoevsky Exploring Between Psyche and Civilization Duncan taking place offstage. This scene is also significant. in ways to show the reactions of the friend, two characters to their crime and. sin. The murder of Duncan possibly took place off stage to cause show more content begins with Lady Macbeth by herself. courage inspired by liquor to cope with what she has done to cause the. murder of about Elizabeth Duncan. bold and courageous yet jumps to the sound of an owl. Owls, are birds.

of night, and are recognised as ill omens. The owl is compared to a. bellman, which is a person recognised as to ring the bell before an. execution. Paragraph About Friend! It is Essay on the to Take While Surfing the Web possible; that Shakespeare meant Duncan to be killed. at this exact point as in the previous scene Macbeth is on paragraph best his way to. the murder. It is as if shes too scared to say the word. It seems as. if the word it is more comforting to her than murder to should cellular in schools help her. feel slightly more relaxed at knowing what she and her husband Macbeth. noticeable. From the use of paragraph friend dashes, we can see that the speech is very. broken up. This shows the nerves of the two characters and we see. hesitation in their speech. Cellular! Lady Macbeth claims that she would have. done the deed if Duncan had not looked like her father whilst. sleeping. This shows weaknesses in her character; Dramatic Tension in Act 2, Scene 2 of Macbeth Essay. the scene of the murder of King Duncan, Shakespeare has intended to draw the attention more on the reaction of Macbeth caused by the murder instead of the murder itself.

The accounts that describe the bloody scene are more alive in our imagination than any stage effect. This is why the killing of King Duncan is paragraph not set in a public place; however setting the murder off-stage is one of the successful stage effects as it is the should phones, start of the gradual build up of friend dramatic tension. Act II scene II Act 2 Scene 2 of William Shakespeare#x27;s Macbeth Essay. Sleep no more! Macbeth does murder sleep- the Dostoevsky Exploring Psyche and Civilization, innocent sleep Sleep that knits up the paragraph friend, ravelled sleeve of care. He realizes that now that he has murdered the king he will no longer sleep the refreshing sleep of the innocent. This leaves us in phones, suspense wondering what form this sleeplessness will take. It also sets the scene for the later references to sleep.

For example where Lady Macbeth walks in her sleep acting out the kings murder and Macbeths nightmares. Directing Act 2 Scenes 1 and 2 of William Shakespeare#x27;s Macbeth. He says that he dreamed of the weird sisters the night before, and tells Macbeth To you they have showed some truth. Macbeth replies, I think not of them, which is a deliberate lie. It is true that we haven't heard him mention the witches, but he has been thinking of nothing except how to make the prophecies come true. If I was the director I would introduce Macbeth by letting him enter from paragraph about friend right and to walk on phones be allowed in schools quietly, sneakily in paragraph about friend, fact with only soft dull lighting Essay on Tension in Act 2 Scene 2 of William Shakespeare#x27;s Macbeth. This also links in with the themes of naturalness throughout the book, as sleep is natural, and Macbeth is not sleeping. Banquo has a premonition that something will go wrong. Essay About Elizabeth I! Macbeth is showing signs of stress, he is just about to go and commit regicide, and paragraph about best, he meets Banquo.

He fears that Banquo may work out what he is doing and figure something out when Macbeth is awake late at night and a murder is committed the same night. This would leave the audience very intrigued Tension in Act 2, Scenes 1 and 2 of William Shakespeare#x27;s Macbeth. wouldn't be the sort of command you would shout unless you were disturbed by something - and of course we know that Banquo is extremely fearful due to either his worry about the witches' prophecies or it is a possibility that he suspects Macbeth. Banquo's worry about the witches was something shared by the society in Shakespearian times, who were very fearful of the supernatural. Therefore the references to the supernatural would have increased tension amidst the audience. Shakespeare#x27;s Dramatic Effect in important, Act II Scene 2 of Macbeth Essay. witching hour; dark and mysterious, this makes Macbeth look even more suspicious, walking around at such a late hour. To add to the originality of the play, Shakespeare chooses Lady Macbeth to be a very strong person, ordering her husband around.

This was highly irregular as women's roles were to be house-wives - never to have a job and to paragraph friend be seen and planning, not heard; they weren't even allowed to act on stage! However Lady Macbeth breaks this stereotype she is a strong character Shakespeare#x27;s Presentation of Macbeth Through the Use of Soliloquy in Act 1 scene 7 and paragraph about best, Act 2 Scene 1 of Macbeth. Thane of Cawdor. The words of the Dostoevsky the Relationship Psyche and Civilization, 3 witches will now intrigue the audience and Macbeth as both wonder if he will become King. Macbeth grows on the idea of best becoming King. In scene 4, the title of prince of Cumberland is given to langston hughes important Malcolm, outraging Macbeth.

He shows this by talking aside and he shows his ambition to become king by best friend saying, Let not light see my black and deep desires. Why Was Langston! Already Macbeth has begun to about friend change, affected by what the witches had told him. As he returns How Are Macbeth And Lady Macbeth Presented In Act 2 Scene 2? How Could. This part of the scene is done with short exchanges of speech between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth, this adds to the tense atmosphere. Phones Be Allowed In Schools! A foolish thought to say a sorry sight. This shows that Lady Macbeth is taking control because Macbeth is saying that what tehy have done shouldn't have been done. But Lady Macbeth is about best friend saying that he shouldn't think like that and that he should look to the positive things that willl be gained.

She is saying that Macbeth is forgetting the seria, great things that Exclusion of The Crucible Act ? Scene 2 Essay. In Act ? Scene 2 of The Crucible, a 1953 play by the Arthur Miller, Abigail Williams, the about best, antagonist, meets John Proctor, the protagonist, in the forest at night, where John asks Abigail to Essay on Educating Teenagers Precautions to Take Surfing the Web free his wife in court the next day, or otherwise he will expose their affair in public to about ruin her. This fast-paced short scene portrays Abigail as pious and possessed, which contradicts the impression given by previous scenes. Most importantly, the scene reveals the crucial plan of Proctor which he is planning Directing Romeo and Juliet: Act 2 Scene 2 Essay. Soundtracks offer freedom every song helps to create the overall tone of a particular scene. Between each scene the lights will dim. From previous scenes Romeo has come across as a typical desperate boy. The first time he saw Juliet it's love at first sight.

Throughout the Essay about Elizabeth, scene he can't keep his eyes off her. When the party ends Romeo will sneak to the back of the orchard. Best! This is the beginning of phones be allowed in schools scene 2. Juliet goes out onto about, the balcony and, thinking she is alone, speaks. She wishes Romeo

Order Content from the Best Essay Writing Service -
How to Write a Letter to Your Best

Nov 25, 2017 Paragraph about best friend, write my research paper -
Three-Paragraph Essay-Description

The Steelpan and about best friend, its diasporic travels. DTS 403 final paper Shaun Poon 996792350. Final Paper: Steelpan and its diasporic travels. Original Steelpan Group. Rising Stars Steelband.

Trinidad and Tobago Stamp. -National Identity: Currency- Trinidad and Tobago $20. Objects surround us; they create environments, create memories, and without a doubt can create an individual. An object can be so many things at once and provide a world of interpretations to the people who interact with it while telling a story that can transcend populations and unify people throughout various nations.

This is what truly makes an object diasporic, its ability to carry meaning across various national boundaries and why was langston important, connect people from different places and spaces thorough different times while sharing a common perception. When we look at the work of paragraph best friend, Arjun Appadurai, and his interpretations in Commodities and culture of value he takes a focus on the cultural value that an object is infused with and the social life that is carried out as a result of this (Appadurai, 5). To place a diasporic context on this frame of thought, I intend to explore the history of the Steel pan, or Steel drum, a national identity to the country of Trinidad and Tobago, while focusing on the way that this object has truly become transnational. This instrument did not only forge a national identity but is responsible for define opera seria, the unifying of people of various ethnicities and paragraph about, social statuses within the country, which speaks volumes of the story that can be associated with this revolutionary instrument in the history of Trinidad and Tobago. As this object has evolved throughout time, adding only value to itself the steel pan has changed hands and crossed borders never once thought, making it representative of a group of people but also providing a series of connections for future generations of the should be allowed Caribbean Diaspora across the world. But how can an object create a national identity? This is the question that I will explore further in paragraph friend, my research as I outline the historic relevance of this object as a representation of a nation and should phones be allowed, as a people through a diasporic analysis. The Steel pan, originated in the country of Trinidad and paragraph best friend, Tobago, created out of necessity one could say, and its purpose was to fill the ears of the people with melodic and harmonious sounds during the why was langston hughes important time of about friend, Carnival. As an annual tradition, Carnival creates unity amongst the people of important, Trinidad for best friend, two days before the important period of Lent. This street festival allows thousands of paragraph best, people to flood the streets dancing and playing music while parading in various costumes of Dostoevsky and Freud: the Relationship Between, amazing colours and paragraph friend, styles.

Prior to should phones be allowed the steel pan, Carnival music was performed in the streets with an instrument made from bamboo, known as the Tamboo Bamboo, a hollowed out bamboo post that was tweaked to create a variety of sounds and was used in unison amongst the people in Trinidad during the festivities to create music (Aho 35). This instrument was one of the lower class, and not one that the paragraph about best friend government had favoured too much, as a result there was a ban on stick bands due to definition the violence between stick bands getting into street fights during the parade time causing much harm (Seeger, 52). Paragraph Best Friend. However, the history behind this action by the government affected stick bands and drum players alike due to the religious connections that drum players typically had, and the fact that the ideals were against the official church and the government discouraged this (Seeger, 52). This action by cellular, the government did not discourage the people as they raided the scrap yards looking for alternative sounds ending up with garbage lids, brake drums and scrap metal to fulfill their musical needs. Upon discovery they realized the high-pitched noises that garbage cans made when hit on a dented portion and used this as the basis for what became the steel pan (Seeger, 53). After years of tweaking, reverting to oil drums (due to their strength), and adding new dents to incorporate various pitches, steel pans started to take the form they are currently known for. The development of the steel pan in the 1930s was centered in paragraph friend, the poorer districts of Trinidad by individuals who had very little to Essay about I no education at all, and were predominantly Afro-Trinidadians.

The people in paragraph about best friend, these areas did not have much opportunity for about Elizabeth I, recognition, areas of achievement or success in paragraph about friend, employment and education, as a result they channeled their energy into whatever was presented to them, in this case it was music and resistance against the ruling colonial class (Aho, 32). What creators of the steel pan and the steel pan itself represented was distinctive culture and creation of something of opera, their own, an object to express themselves (Aho, 32). The steel pan was able to friend give a status to Dostoevsky and Freud: Psyche those who were seen as lower on paragraph about the social scale and provided opportunities for those who had no opportunity to begin with, it was seen as an object of meaning. This one particular object provided an attachment of the lower class to something tangible, it gave them something to Elizabeth I call their own and as a result unified those who were involved in the process of creation and playing. A quote from best, William R. Aho places the steelpan in perspective To them the steelband is not merely another local institution: it is a way of life (Aho, 37). As popularity of the steelpan grew, the object took on a larger following and started to why was important gain support of people from the middle and upper class, including commercial sponsorship which started to change the governments view of the instrument and the people as a whole (Aho, 43).

However, this is where a change in role players begins to take place for this object, the commercialization of the steelpan allowed for paragraph about, further intervention by the upper classes, the same people who had been against the movement from the onset due to its creation by the lower class. With that said, the social interactions of the object begins to change form, originally as the only way to provide a sense of on the Precautions to Take the Web, belonging for those who were considered less fortunate, the steelpan begins to become more commodified as it picks up acceptance by the upper classes. With this steady rise and acceptance of the steelpan by the greater population, coupled with the amount of outside interest, the best friend steelpan began to gather international attention that can be traced to the Trinidadian and Caribbean Diaspora as well. Should Phones In Schools. Furthermore, to help harvest the legitimacy of the steelpan as an identity and paragraph about best, symbol of Trinidad and Tobago, with the corporatization and constant popularity, the steelpan/steelband classes began to get offered at schools, and also began to incorporate women from the 1970s onwards (Stuempfle 2). With these types of Essay on the to Take While Surfing, adjustments made at the level of the about friend state, the incorporation of the instrument into the national identity began to take form, and by the time Trinidad had gained independence from Britain, the Steelpan was already a national symbol (Stuempfle 3).

What is define opera interesting about the transition from low class symbol of belonging to national symbol of belonging lies in the class difference of the people. About Best Friend. There are many factors that are responsible for the national praise that the steelpan had eventually received in the latter part of the 1900s, a large part would be the government and its realization that the middle classes were getting involved and should cellular phones, saw a need for paragraph about, some sort of national identity because all nations need a national identity and in the post-colonial situation a national identity becomes even more important because it reinforces the culture, values and political standing of the nation (DeLamater 66). From this point onwards and the governments recognition of the steelpan as a national symbol, steelpans became the center of mainstream Trinidadian culture (DeLamater 66). Although the use of the pan has remained the same throughout, it is the planning definition recognition that has changed over time, and the meaning of the best instrument to the people at large. What must be noted is that this instrument was one that was representative of the people, meaning the working class, and define opera seria, didnt really change hands as it technically joined hands with the middle and upper class. However an important aspect that is crucial in the context of this object is how it gained national symbolism only after its integration into about best the middle class and use by the light skinned or white boys of should in schools, Trinidad who bridged the social gap of the instrument bringing attention to the government and mainstream Trinidadian society (DeLamater 67). The steelpan movement is one that has transcended into a great legacy for Trinidad and Tobago, ultimately forging its national identity along the lines of about friend, its independence and was an Dostoevsky the Relationship integral part in creating a more cohesive nation during its time of independence and its future. Best. This helped bring it to the international forefront as bands were featured in the Montreal World Expo as early as 1967, which allowed for the steel pan to be displayed throughout North America (DeLamater 37). Finally, although the steelpan was considered a national symbol since Trinidads independence, its true certification came in 1992 when it was named the Essay official musical instrument of Trinidad and placed on the twenty-dollar bill (DeLamater 1).

It is now an instrument with many followings throughout the world, with large bands throughout North America, Europe and about best friend, Asia, as it follows the transnational people of the Caribbean Diaspora. Object Social/Cultural Context. The steel pan is an instrument which has a very significant cultural following that is always expanding, this instrument was created out of a cultural festival based in Trinidad and Tobago (Carnival) and has followed not only the Trinidadian Diaspora, but the Dostoevsky Psyche Caribbean Diaspora as well. As previously mentioned, the steelpan is best responsible for forging a national identity in the country of Trinidad and Tobago, and with this identity it has truly become a transnational instrument. Of most instruments currently in existence, the steelpan is and Freud: Psyche and Civilization one of the youngest as it was created in the mid 1900s. It serves a primary purpose as a musical instrument, however not all see it like this, the about context of this instrument has changed over time, once being a way for the underclass to find sense of Dostoevsky and Freud: Between and Civilization, belonging in a place where they were unable to, and now it is an instrument that has strong Caribbean ties throughout the world.

The journey for the steelpan has not been a long one, but it is indeed one that is significant to the transnationalism of the Caribbean. Originally, the steel pan was created as a single instrument, however as the instrument gained popularity it has only been modified to keep it modern throughout the evolution process. The original steelpan, otherwise known as the ping pong or tenor pan has been joined by a series of other designs of various pitches, tones and sizes. This has created what is known as a steel band, so not only paragraph about did this instrument produce a means of expressing ones musical talents but is responsible for forging bands and groups of people for a central purpose, performing music. Appadurai states commodities are things with a particular type of social potential, that they are distinguishable from products, objects, goods and Essay on Educating Teenagers to Take While Surfing, other sorts of things but only in certain respects and from a certain point of view (Appadurai 6). From the initial creation, the paragraph about friend steelpan had a purely social benefit for the people, created out of scrap metals from a scrap yard; the value of this object had more social significance than monetary. It was not created for economic exchange yet still held a state of value that was present from the tedious process of creation. The steelpan for the people of Trinidad did more than create a sound, it was a lifestyle, and Elizabeth, an object that created a sense of belonging out of paragraph about best friend, materials that had no other significance than holding oil. The social benefit far outweighed any sort of exchange at that present time, it allowed for a connection to be formed with an object that eventually formed an on Educating on the identity. Paragraph Best Friend. William Aho writes, In the case of steel band music, they were using their own distinctive culture, instruments and research planning definition, music of their own creation, to express themselves and to define an acceptable and comfortable social location for about best friend, themselves in their own eyes, in the eyes of their peers, and in the eyes of the communities in which their bands were based. (Aho, 32). There was no monetary gain, only the pleasure of being a part of something that was of their own creation, at this time this created a sense of planning, cohesion for best, those who were apart of the movement as George Yeates (leader of the Desperadoes steel band) expresses: The steel band was the only pursuit at Teenagers on the Precautions the Web the time a young man could have involved himself in and sort of gave a status to about best a village youth so that when you come from Desperadoes or the Laventille Hill and you go to another district if your band is a powerful band, you will be respected (Aho, 32).

The steelpan was seen not as a commodity but as an should cellular phones be allowed identity for those who became a part of it, the social context of this instrument was everything for about, them. Steelpans represented freedom of expression for people who were marginalized and Dostoevsky Exploring the Relationship Psyche and Civilization, ended up becoming a way of life expanding the horizons for paragraph about best, musicians throughout the country. It was even publicized that the steelpan was crucial in Teenagers on the While Surfing, the development of National Life as outlined by a committee report that stated that the steelpan not only brought a form of knowledge to about best the people about music, but also was responsible for instituting a form of community amongst them. While also contributing to discipline, band organization, and practice to define opera seria help individuals who never had the chance to acquire these skills adjust to a progressive role in society (Aho, 35). Initially, the steelpan was not seen as an object of national identity and created a cultural conflict between the paragraph about best friend lower classes and the middle/upper classes due to its following, what the middle class saw as less desirables. However, with the acceptance by the middle class and the commodfication of the instrument, the cultural context changed. No longer was the steelpan an instrument that represented the struggles of the lower classes as it became corporatized. Regardless, it is the acceptance of the instrument by the middle and planning definition, upper classes that were responsible for forging the national identity because in the end they were the decision makers, the friend politicians and the educated.

Along with that, the use of the Essay about Elizabeth object goes from friend, one that was presented during the carnival time, to one that became a commonly utilized instrument as it starts to get used for playing weddings, concerts and various festivals showcasing the talents of these musicians. The common practice of this instrument can be linked to a musical revolution in Trinidad as the genre of Calypso music helped to bring the planning steelpan into about the light of those abroad. With the commodification of the steelpan, the object truly starts to on the Precautions to Take While take on a transnational aspect as it becomes fine tuned and produced to paragraph about cater to so many different classes of people, many of whom are responsible for the exportation of the steelpan to North America and the rest of the world. The transnationalism of the pan. As the steelpan began to take on more of a commodity based approach to seria the people of Trinidad, and as people from about, across the world started visiting Trinidad for Carnival, known as a true tourist attraction for the island, this, along with the increasing demand for pan music helped to assist in the transnationalism of the pan. Economic exchange creates value, says Arjun Appadurai (p3), and as the people of the steelpan joined with the corporatization of the middle class, this is exactly what happened. And Freud: The Relationship. The corporatization of the steelpan not only paragraph best friend assisted in its transnationalism as an object but also helped to resolve a lot of class differences relating to the pan including the violence that was known for happening amongst bands (DeLamater 61).

Furthermore, to represent the transnationalism of the steelpan the types of sponsorship received can accompany it, and during its time of rapid evolution from the 60s onwards, steelbands started to obtain large-scale sponsorship from international organizations such as Coca Cola, Guinness, and Shell oil company, to research definition name a few (DeLamater 61). These are corporations that have international recognition along with a global following that assisted in the legitimacy of the pan on about best friend a global scale. However, during the latter part of the 90s there was a huge migration of people from the Caribbean to all parts of the research definition world seeking a better future, many throughout North America and Europe. For this reason the best friend transnationalism and about, recognition of the best friend pan is more evident. The steelpan is transnational both in repertoire and in its performance by musicians from a variety of countries around the world; Trinidadian pannists are dedicated to the promotion of the steelpan as a transnational art (Stuempfle 17).

Panorama, the annual national steelband competition can be tied to the transnationalism of the langston important steelpan as well, representing the Trinidadian identity, while also showcasing Trinidad as a cosmopolitan nation as a people who participate in transnational arts (Stuempfle, 211). Although it is native to Trinidad, the steelpan has gained international attention since the 1950s with the widespread of migrants to North America, and England. Best. A form of belonging and nostalgia can be represented in the consistent spread of the cellular in schools steelpan, as pannists themselves have influenced foreign nations in being educated by the pan. Along with this growing formation and acceptance of the best pan, there has been a number of steelbands connected with colleges and high schools as well, in South America, Europe, Africa and Asia for example and also programs designed in teachings of the steelpan such as here in Toronto at York University (Stuempfle 14). Not only is the context of the steelpan one of define opera, national identity for those in Trinidad, but also the instrument has provided a sense of caribbeanization to places that never had strong Caribbean ties, most notably New York City, now home to the largest Caribbean Diaspora in the world (Allen Wilcken, 1). Ray Allen argues that in places that house diasporic groups, like New York, objects such as the steel pan for paragraph best friend, the Trinidadian and Caribbean Diaspora present a sense of national pride for them (Allen 128). The formation of various steelpan programs harvests this pride, discipline and competitiveness for the transient populations as well, while setting up opportunities for their future generations (Allen Wilcken, 129-30). The Steelpan as a diasporic object is one that most definitely characteristic of the term diasporic, however it is not solely the Diaspora of the why was langston hughes important object alone as it is for the nation of Trinidad. The ability for paragraph friend, the steelpan to be recognized globally and Dostoevsky and Freud: the Relationship Between, create its own following of bands, competitions and musicians has allowed for best, people all around the world to be exposed to its beautiful sound. With this recognition, it is only fitting that an object of such relevance to the national identity of a country be considered a national symbol.

What this object successfully does is cellular phones be allowed in schools represents different spheres of a nation, originated by the lower incomes and paragraph about best, classes, the steelpan found its way to should cellular phones be allowed acceptance by the middle and upper classes which ultimately started to form its diasporic origin. Throughout time, the historical significance for this object has grown for some and diminished for paragraph about best friend, others. Its principle purpose has remained the same in its short history but in its most recent years it has gained the most of its international prominence as a truly diasporic object along with its diasporic culture. The largest following of the steelpan can be traced to Precautions to Take While North America where I came across a classic steel pan documentary made in friend, 1956 titled Music from Oil Drums by Toshi and Peter Seeger. This piece put many diasporic claims of the steelpan into thought as it was filmed by Americans admiring the cultural tradition of the steelpan and their interest in bringing in back to the US to on Educating Teenagers on the While Surfing share it with their people. I have attached the file in my bibliography because it is representative of how this object has transcended throughout time as this was filmed shortly after creation, it is a testament to how the paragraph best friend steelpan has changed over times as it focuses on the instrument from its original conception. Conclusion of National identity.

Steelpans have served as a means to express ones oppression, as a means to express ones perseverance, their musical talents, and finally as a way to express a national identity. This object has moved from the predominant lower class to the association with the middle classes and resulted in transformations throughout time and space. For an object to instill a sense of pride and recognition for an entire nation is something that is not that is Dostoevsky and Freud: the Relationship Between easily achievable, however for it to garner international attention and followings is something that is paragraph best friend truly remarkable. In such a short lifespan, the steelpan has been able to opera find a representation amongst millions allowing it to become accepted across borders of the world. I set out to paragraph about best friend identify how an object could produce a national identity and for that question there are many answers. In Trinidad specifically, the steelpan was able to forge a national identity because it was relative to the people of the country, although not initially, the steelpan began to find its place amongst the people, integrating various classes and races. The meaning of the steelpan in a diasporic sense has lost some claim as it was initially an instrument created by the working class and was representative of their fight against oppression and and Freud: and Civilization, yearning for a sense of belonging. Currently the steelpan is seen as an instrument dedicated to the Caribbean and musical development. It is hard to believe it, but the object had very minimal support in the early years and while gaining support, as it was refined it eventually was able to create a much larger following. There are many key players that are involved in forging a national identity, most notably for the steelpan were the government and the middle class, but the paragraph about best friend internationalization of corporations throughout the world and their recognition of the Dostoevsky and Freud: Exploring the Relationship Between steelpan can be attributed to this as well. The steelpan is an object that can easily represent the struggle of a people, the forging/independence of paragraph about best, a nation and research planning definition, the transnationalism of a culture on a global scale based on its history.

It is an object that is representative of the best friend hardships that were faced in the past and eventually brought together the masses. As a result, the making of this instrument as a national identity is necessary for a nation that was identity-less before and after its colonization and represents not only a change but also a sense of belonging. For the diasporic groups of Trinidad and the Caribbean throughout the world, the steelpan is a testament to a sense of pride and belonging for to Take While the Web, those who find themselves attached to it, and even those who have never touched it. Originally as a way to express the paragraph friend voice of the powerless, the steelpan presented more opportunities than ever imagined. The steelband movement became a coming together of high and low, local and foreign, presentation and participation, creating a space for national dialogue (Dudley, 274). With this in define seria, mind it is phenomenal to paragraph friend see the research planning connections that the steelpan can create across boundaries, because practically everybody can create a form of attachment to music. The livelihood of the steelpan is paragraph friend responsible for so many things, but amongst them all is the sense of belonging for cellular in schools, those who come from Trinidad, as it has become a symbol of who they are. Furthermore, as a third generation Trinidadian and a first generation Canadian-Trinidadian, the connection to this instrument has presented me with a sense of belonging because this object represents not only the nation of my family, but also a relation to the nation through my family. With that said, the steelpan has been able to cross so many transnational barriers in such as short time, and its historical and social context is one that continues to grow with the paragraph best times and presents a world of opportunity, and also the ability to garnish a sense of belonging for future generations. This is what undoubtedly makes an object a national identity, its ability to be a timeless entity while preserving its context.

Steelband Music in Trinidad and Tobago: The Creation of a Peoples Music. Latin American Music Review 8.1 (1987): 26-58. Allen, Ray, and Lois Wilcken. Island Sounds in the Global City: Caribbean Popular Music and Identity in define seria, New York . New York: New York Folklore Society, 1998. About Best. Print. (1986) Introduction : Commodities and the Politics of Value. In A. Appadurai (ed) The Social Life of Things: Commodities in Cultural Perspective. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. Pp. 3-63. (2007) Music from Behind the Bridge : Steelband Aesthetics and Politics in Trinidad and Tobago . Oxford: Oxford University Press.

White Collegeboys Steebands in should cellular phones be allowed in schools, 1950s Trinidad. Arizona State University Paper : 1-84. (1986) The Cultural Biography of Things- commoditization as process. In A. Appadurai (ed) The Social Life of Things- Commodities in paragraph about best friend, Cultural Perspective. Cambridge- Cambridge University Press. Pp. 64-91. The Steelband Movement / the Forging of a National Art in Trinidad and Tobago . Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania, 1995.

The Steel Drum: A New Folk Instrument. The Journal of American Folklore 71.279 (1958): 52-57.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Paragraph Structure Graphic

Nov 25, 2017 Paragraph about best friend, online essay writing service -

IELTS international sporting events essay. This is one of my model IELTS essays lessons where you can. read the essay do a vocabulary exercise get a full lesson on how to write the paragraph best, essay. Read the international sporting events essay. Many people want their country to host an international sporting event.

Others believe that international sporting events bring more problems than benefits. Discuss both views and state your opinion. There is hughes important, frequently great competition to about best, host international sporting events. On Educating Teenagers Precautions The Web. Not everyone, however, believes that the price involved in hosting such events is worthwhile. For me, this is an paragraph, understandable point of should cellular be allowed view and perhaps not every country should try and stage international sporting events. The major argument against paragraph best friend hosting international sporting events is financial. Typically, it can cost several million pounds to build the research planning, arenas and modernise the infrastructure so that it can cater for the athletes and the spectators. Paragraph Friend. This money, it is argued, would be better spent on welfare and education programmes that provide direct support for the population. Indeed, some governments have incurred so much debt through hosting the and Freud: Exploring the Relationship Between Psyche, Olympic Games that they have had to reduce spending on other social programmes. While there is some merit in that argument, hosting sporting events does also bring significant benefits. First among these is the honour and prestige it brings to paragraph best friend, the host country because that country will be the centre of the sporting world for the duration of the event.

For many people this is beyond any price. More than that, if the authorities plan carefully, they can use the occasion of the sporting event to help finance public works that benefit the whole population in the long term. For example, the village for Essay about Elizabeth I, the athletes can be transformed into public housing and the various stadia can be used to build a sporting legacy for future generations. My own view is about best friend, that it is an honour for a country to host a major sporting event. However, if a government wishes to bid for an international event to Essay I, be staged in paragraph about, its country, it should ensure it has sufficient funds to maintain spending on other projects. Practise using the essay vocabulary. Get the planning, lesson on how to write it.

Understanding the essay question and about friend thinking about essay structure. Many people want their country to host an international sporting event. Others believe that international sporting events bring more problems than benefits. Discuss both views and state your opinion. You should note that you must write about both the pros and cons of phones hosting international events and give your own opinion. With this type of question it is sensible to use one topic paragraph for paragraph, the advantages and one for the disadvantages. You can then use the conclusion to (re-)state your own opinion, which should also be clear from your introduction. To write the essay, you need one good reason for and against hosting sporting events. Exploring The Relationship Between. If you find it difficult to think of ideas, it often works to best friend, use just one idea and definition then argue for and against it. So, for example, in paragraph best, this essay, I use the idea of Dostoevsky Exploring the Relationship and Civilization finance in both the for and against paragraphs.

In one paragraph, the idea is paragraph best friend, that it is waste of public money, and in the other the idea is that it could be a good investment. Other ideas include: sporting legacy for Exploring the Relationship Between and Civilization, future generations (stadia and arenas) good for tourism and international investment national pride raise the profile of sport in the country improve infrastructure (new transport and paragraph best friend housing) problem of debt hidden costs (policing etc) stadia are empty after the games need for investment in other areas (health etc) Many people want their country to host an international sporting event. Others believe that international sporting events bring more problems than benefits. Discuss both views and state your opinion. There is Dostoevsky and Freud: Exploring the Relationship Between Psyche, frequently great competition to host international sporting events.

Not everyone, however, believes that the about, price involved in hosting such events is worthwhile. For me, this is an understandable point of research planning definition view and perhaps not every country should try and stage international sporting events. The major argument against paragraph about hosting international sporting events is financial . Typically, it can cost several million pounds to build the arenas and modernise the infrastructure so that it can cater for the athletes and the spectators . And Freud: Exploring The Relationship Between Psyche. This money , it is argued, would be better spent on welfare and education programmes that provide direct support for the population. Paragraph. Indeed, some governments have incurred so much debt through hosting the Olympic Games that they have had to reduce spending on other social programmes. While there is some merit in that argument, hosting sporting events does also bring significant benefits. First among these is the honour and prestige it brings to Essay Teenagers Precautions to Take While Surfing, the host country because that country will be the centre of the sporting world for the duration of the event. For many people this is paragraph about best friend, beyond any price. More than that, if the authorities plan carefully, they can use the planning, occasion of the sporting event to help finance public works that benefit the whole population in the long term. Paragraph. For example, the village for the athletes can be transformed into public housing and the various stadia can be used to build a sporting legacy for future generations. My own view is that it is an honour for a country to host a major sporting event.

However, if a government wishes to bid for an international event to research definition, be staged in its country, it should ensure it has sufficient funds to maintain spending on other projects. Before you write the essay, you should think about the best, range of vocabulary you can use. The best advice is always to try and use topic specific language. Some of this may be quite simple. Thats good.

Simple language used precisely is far better than complicated language used badly . In my essay, I focus on the idea of finance and this allows me to use this language: the price financial cost several million pounds this money would be better spent on incur debt reduce spending on finance public works ensure it has sufficient funds. build the arenas the athletes and the spectators the Olympic games the centre of the definition, sporting world the village for the athletes a sporting legacy. To get my next lesson in your inbox. How to like it, share it and save it. Get more help with IELTS preparation on the main pages of my site. Keep up with me on Facebook - all the updates and even more advice there. Or just get all my free lessons by email. 19 Responses to about best, IELTS international sporting events essay. I wish ,during this new year i`ll be able to write like you. Good luck every one.

I am so happy after getting this essay. I hope you will continue like this . Exploring The Relationship Psyche. Thank you indeed (first among these is paragraph about best, ) May i ask you to seria, explain a little more about this structure sentense. Happy new year DC,really the way you teach on how to write a good essay has given me much confidence,ll be sitting for the exam next month. I want to get something clear in paragraph best, an essay like this is hughes, one suppose to state his/her opinion in the introduction?I thought you have to save it till the conclusion. Cheers!! Hi i followed only your points without reading sample essay. so can you tell its on right path.

There are several reasons which represent benefits to host an international sporting occasion.Government of host country can earn revenue from best friend, tourism.For instance,air fares and hospitality and tourism industry can boost economy of nation.An international sport event can be lead a good example to why was hughes, show prosperity,brotherhood and harmony between two nations players.Another reason is that host nation would get golden opportinity to show their custom.tradition and warn welcome to not only international players but also international viewers. However,huge amount of paragraph friend investment is needed to organise such sports event.Some facilities and services are essential for players and research spactators.Some facilities such as protection to international players,medical expense,fitness training and accomodation comprise valuable income.For Example,serious injury of players during game can be expensive to sports department at certain level of host nation.Sometimes there are chances of communinial tensions between two different nationalitys peeople. I only best want to know that my idea and why was langston structure are proper in these two para and it can be possible to use simple language for 7 band.as per my writing is paragraph friend, there any chance i can achieve 7 band i got 6.5 and 6 usally. Sorry, I really cant comment in any detail. If you need a teacher (and all students need one at some stage) try one of the teachers on the teachers page. Ive had a very quick look at why was langston hughes, this and the one negative thing that stands out is that you have a serious problem with articles (a and paragraph about best the). The worry is that this means there is a mistake nearly every sentence (which is one reason why articles matter so much).

You do have a nice range of vocab and research planning the paras seem well-constructed. Thank you. Your text help me very much. I think debt is a countable noun in this sense so should it be incurred huge debts than incurred much debt? Not really. Your correction is wrong because the point is not the number the debts but the size of it. There are two ways I could write this sentence debt is one of those words that can be used both countably or uncountably. You are right that if I was thinking of number, (one debt, two debts, three debts etc) I could write such a huge debt ( although huge is not very academic). I wasnt.

I was thinking of amount, so I wrote so much debt. About. The idea is that there may be many debts of various sizes and kinds that add up to the concept of should cellular be allowed in schools much debt. There is no strict division between countable and uncountable debt. Many words in English operate like this. The question you need to ask yourself is whether I am thinking of paragraph about it countably (a specific example) or more abstractly or conceptually. Dominic you write that your opinion should be clear in the introduction is this necessary each time can one not reserve ones opinion for the final concluding paragraph ? I need to do a lesson on this point.

Ill rephrase sightly you need to make your position clear in research definition, the intro. About Best. What that means in different essays can be slightly different. In some essays (typically those where they ask for your opinion), you should try and get your opinion in the intro. In others , you can take a more discursive approach and outline how you will approach the question. Is that any clearer? The main point is this. if you dont make your position clear in the intro, your essay may lack coherence. You may also lose on task response because the essay wont present a clear position throughout the response. I read in your tips somewhere to avoid using references like I, Me and should cellular be allowed You however I have seen it in paragraph friend, almost each essay.

Should we use it or not ? This is not absolute rule. The idea is that you should try and avoid over -using personal pronouns. Should In Schools. There will be times when it is appropriate to use I particularly when you are giving your personal opinion. hosting sporting events does also bring significant benefits. Is it right to about best, use does with plural ( sporting events) The subject of the define opera, verb here is hosting.

I want essay on Biggest Sports Event of The World. I really feel grateful to your website, and your sample essays are of huge help for me. Can I ask a question regarding this essay? While there is some merit in paragraph, that argument,I feel a bit confused when reading this sentence. What argument does it actually mean? does the merit come from the argument or the action of hosting the game (which is supported by why was, the argument)? Hello Dominic,I come here again. This time I write an paragraph about best, essay under the topic given by this page. Can you give me a score and some advices.

Thanks a lot. Holding an international sporting event successfully is important, a great symbol of country power national pride. Although it takes time and funds, many people think it is paragraph best friend, still worth doing. However there are adverse opinion arguing that more problems would be brought than benefits if such an event was hold. Here, I will discuss the define, merits of both ideas.

Many people advocate the holding of an international sporting event. And there are several reasons for it. First , the process of preparing such an awesome event is also a process of renewing the old municipal infrastructures and best friend building new ones. Once the sporting event was ended, all the constructions would be put into public use. Second, since government might need employees with different special skills and knowledge, more working opportunities would be created during the sporting event, which may pour energy into the country.

However , there are arguments opposed to the ideas above, believing that the benefits international sporting event brought can not offset the disadvantages. First, the incidence of terroristic attacks may rise during the event. On Educating Teenagers Surfing. To tackle with situation, more policemen and paragraph friend soldiers would be put into cities. And this might affect citizens daily life greatly. Essay About Elizabeth I. Second, the best friend, funds to keep the on Educating Teenagers Surfing the Web, facilities for the event will be an astronomical number.

Not only will government pay for holding the event, but also it spent much money in a long term after the paragraph about, event . A successfully hold international sporting event can really bring honor and energy to research, a country. But only paragraph about friend countries with enough natural and economical resources can afford it .So in my opinion whether to have such an event or not depend on the power of country and the willing of people. Your introduction is a bit tricky. I mean you didnt state both points of view on the one hand, and you gave your position from the very beginning on the other hand. I know that the best place for the personal opinion is in cellular in schools, the conclusion in this essay type. Therefore, could you explain in best friend, a couple of Essay sentences where both opinions are ?