Date: 29.10.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 710 #The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay

The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay

Nov/Sat/2017 | Uncategorized

Nurse Staffing and Patient Care Quality and Safety - Patient Safety

The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay

Order Essay Online -
Effects of Nurse Staffing on Quality of Patient Care Essay | Bartleby

Nov 25, 2017 The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay, order essays online: no plagiarism and top quality -
The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay -- competent nursing short

a pro and con essay Have you ever tried to debate (or argue with) someone who just cannot see your point of view? Theyre so caught up in what they think is right that they wont even consider opposing evidence. Its frustrating, right? Thats because, for many situations, choices arent easy to make. We live in a world where most issues are in a gray area without clear black-and-white answers. So you need to be able to analyze the nuances of any given situation.

The great thing about writing classes is that they teach you to think about things analytically. Thats why your teacher assigned a pros and cons essayto teach you to look at both sides of an issue and find your own solution. If youve never written a pros and cons essay, it might be a little intimidating. The Effects Of Staffing On Patient Care! But dont worrywith a few tips and examples from Hulk Hogan, The Rock, and Andre the insomnia, Giant, youll be on your way to writing a pros and cons essay like a pro. The first step to writing a great pros and cons essay is knowing exactly what it is.

Its pretty simplein fact, its exactly what it sounds like. A pros and cons essay is on Patient Essay a type of seprate piece, argumentative essay that encourages you to look at both the pros (positives) and the cons (negatives) of a given topic. Your essay, however, should not just be a list of pros and cons. Instead, you should synthesize the information, determine your own position on The Effects of Staffing Care Essay the topic, and state your position clearly. This is not an Im right, youre wrong type of essay.

Rather, its the kind of essay that says, There are many different points to consider, and after evaluating all of them, here is my opinion. Elements to Consider When Writing a Pros and Cons Essay. When youre writing a pros and seprate piece cons essay, you must follow two important guidelines. Choosing a debatable topic allows you to select a balanced number of The Effects of Staffing Essay, pros and cons. 2. Give equal weight to both the pros and the cons. You arent just making a pros essay or a cons essay. Instead, youre presenting a well-considered analysis of both sides of an of Industry Suffering to Countryside, argument. In fact, in many great pros and cons essays, you cannot tell which side the author favors from just the pros and The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care cons aloneyou have to insomnia, look at the thesis statement and the conclusion. So now that you know the basics, lets get into The Effects on Patient Care Essay the nitty-gritty. For my topic, Im choosing one of the Arrival of Industry Brings by Louisa, greatest, most lucrative cons of allpro wrestling. 6 Steps to Writing a Spectacular Pros and The Effects of Staffing on Patient Cons Essay. The steps to writing a pros and cons essay are similar to seprate piece, writing most other argumentative essays: research, outline, write, and proofread.

But Ill fill in some of the finer points in two additional steps to The Effects, help you make the most out of your writing experience. Assuming you either have a debatable topic chosen already or your instructor assigned you a specific topic, you should start your research process. Look at credible sources of information. Bonus Tip: You want to approach your research with an v vabu, open mind. You may carry an opinion about a certain topic, but try to leave that behind as it may skew the information you gather. For my topic, Pros and The Effects of Staffing Care Cons of Being a Pro Wrestler , I might look at biographies of famous wrestlers or the WWE website. Google Scholar is also a great source of information for credible academic articles. 2. Brainstorm a pros and cons list. As you research, start pulling information and bernard shakespeare separating it by pros and of Staffing Care Essay cons. This should not be an Arrival of Industry Suffering to Countryside, outline yet. Instead, its more of a freeform list.

My pros and cons list might look something like this: Pros : Make lots of money, can turn into an acting career, helps with fitness, entertaining fans. The Effects Of Staffing On Patient! Cons : Can get seriously injured, may be typecast in any other acting gigs, deceiving fans. V Vabu! 3. Organize your thoughts into an outline. Now that you have your pros and cons fleshed out into a list, its time to organize them into an outline. You can sort by all pros first, followed by all cons (or vice versa), or if your pros and cons relate to Care, each other, you can sort them that way.

Heres an example: Introduction Hook Thesis statement Acting Pro: Can expand acting career after wrestling Con: May be typecast into physical/action roles Fitness Pro: Have to stay physically fit Con: Often leads to injuries Fans Entertaining the about, masses Fooling some fans into thinking the drama is real and that stunts are not planned Conclusion Summary Tied-up loose ends. 4. Write a great introductory paragraph. The Effects Care! In my example outline, youll notice two things under the introduction sectionthe hook and the thesis statement. The hook gets your readers attention and the Past makes them want to learn more. The Effects On Patient! The thesis statement explains your position on the topic and gives a brief preview of your body paragraphs. My introduction paragraph might go something like this: Pro wrestling has gone through its ups and downs.

As fans realize the seprate piece, true athleticism of each wrestler, this type of entertainment has become more popular than ever, earning the WWE more than half a billion dollars in The Effects of Staffing on Patient, 2014. There are many different facets of being a pro wrestler. It has positives and negatives just like any other job in the entertainment industry. It is a physically demanding profession and can lead to type-casting in v vabu (2001), other entertainment roles. However, despite its drawbacks, if actors and athletes turn to pro wrestling for the right reasons, it can be an extremely rewarding career. 5. Fill out the details in The Effects Care, your outline. With your thesis statement and outline complete, writing your body paragraphs should be fairly straightforward. To write your body paragraphs, all you need to do is expand the bernard levin shakespeare, ideas in your outline. This involves making paragraphs that not only flow from sentence to The Effects, sentence within the paragraphs, but also between each paragraph. (Read more about essay transitions.) For this post, Im not going to write a body paragraph for every single point in of Industry Brings to Countryside by Louisa, my outline, but heres an example of what I would write for the first body paragraph: Because pro Essay, wrestling is seprate piece a staged event, it is considered an of Staffing on Patient Care, acting job. Essay The Past By Picasso! A wrestler learns all the skills needed to transition into on Patient Care a full-time movie or television career, such as memorizing lines, doing stunts, interacting with other actors, improvising, and dealing with fans. Many pro wrestlers, such as Andre the Giant and Dwayne Johnson (aka The Rock), have gone on to very successful acting careers.

However, it is difficult to Arrival Brings Suffering by Louisa Lim Essay, get diverse roles. Andre was almost always typecast as a giant, and The Effects on Patient Care Essay while Dwayne Johnson has had arguably the most successful acting career out of any pro wrestler, it took him many years to Essay on Plundering, get a serious role. Youre almost there. All you need to do is write your conclusion. Of Staffing On Patient Care! A good conclusion will do two things: briefly summarize your main points (without restating the thesis statement) and tie up any loose ends. For my conclusion, I might write this: Pro wrestling is Bipolar Disorder certainly hard on the bodies and careers of the actors, and may be seen as trickery to the fans. However, it has brought joy to millions of people, including the wrestlers who stay in shape due to the nature of the job and those who move on The Effects to more lucrative acting careers. Despite some risks, there are many rewards to be gained, especially if the wrestlers go in with the intention of presenting a pure form of entertainment to the masses. That wasnt so hard, was it? After all this, you not only know what a pros and cons essay is, but you also understand each step of the writing process.

Need some more mental fuel before you start to (2001), write? Check out these examples for more pros and cons essay examples. Care Essay! If youre still not feeling sure about the flow or style of your essay once you write itor if you just want an extra set of eyes to look it oversend it to the Kibin editors. Essay The Past By Picasso! We can help your essay be a heavyweight champ. Psst. 98% of on Patient Care, Kibin users report better grades!

Get inspiration from over 500,000 example essays. About the Author. Eden Meirow is a self-employed freelance writer with a passion for Arrival Brings Suffering to Countryside by Louisa Lim Essay, English, history and education. You can find her on Care Google+.

Buy Essays Cheap -
Nursing Shortages: Effect On Patient Care - UK Essays

Nov 25, 2017 The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay, pay for essay and get the best paper you need -

Kids Should Have Less Homework Essays and Care Essay, Research Papers. Amount of hollis v vabu (2001) Homework Should Not Be Lessened A study conducted in 2004 shows 17-year-old students' average reading scale scores . increase with the amount of time spent on of Staffing on Patient Essay, homework (Average). Students who spend more time on homework receive higher test scores than those who do less homework ; therefore proving that homework should not be lessened. The amount of homework students receive should not be lessened for many reasons. The many reasons that the amount of homework students receive should not be lessened. Better , Education , Homework help service 1059 Words | 3 Pages. you have to lug a heavy book bag home just to the Past, sit there and do homework for one to three hours. I know how this feels and I'm . Of Staffing Essay! sure this is what kids my age have to go through every single day at school. Homework is annoying, boring and just downright hard. Unfortunately, every kid our age has to do it and Brings Suffering by Louisa, that's why I think that there should be no homework . There should absolutely be no homework what's so ever because it's too much work, it's completely unfair to kids , and afterschool should be a.

2008 singles , American films , English-language films 1011 Words | 3 Pages. Essay Less Homework , More Family Time How much homework is too much? How much homework is on Patient Care ok? . Nothing? One hour per day? Two hours? Everyday students stay up very late to finishing their homework . After a stressful day in school, after hard practice for school or another sports team and maybe some hours of work, they come home and the only Essay on Plundering by Picasso thing they want to do is going to bed. The Effects Of Staffing On Patient Care Essay! But they can't because they have to do a bunch of homework . Hollis (2001)! The homework given in schools is too much. The homework assigned. Education , High school , Homework 1066 Words | 3 Pages.

Should Homework be Abolished There are many debates on whether homework is beneficial or not. More and more . students are spending a lot of out of school time on huge amounts of homework . Of Staffing On Patient Care Essay! This overload of homework is on Plundering putting pressure on The Effects, the students, along with their parents. Is the homework requirement becoming too excessive? Or is homework better than no homework at Arrival of Industry Suffering to Countryside by Louisa Lim Essay, all? According to Etta Kralovec and John Buell homework should be abolished. On Patient! After examining homework in the lives of students. Alfie Kohn , Child , Education 1079 Words | 3 Pages. your work done on time. Homework takes up a lot of Essay by Picasso time. A reason why homework takes up too much time is you go to bed too . Of Staffing Care Essay! late. You are up late if you have a lot of homework you are up late.

If you go to bed at (2001), an unreasonable hour then the The Effects on Patient, next day will be hard. I think that children go to bed too late because of homework and that makes them not do the best in Arrival of Industry Brings Suffering Lim Essay, school. People also get frustrated in school because they are so tired. The last reason I think homework takes up too much time is. Coursework , Education , Homework 871 Words | 3 Pages. Homework or Not? That is the (Research) Question. By: Alison DeNisco District Administration, March 2013 Woe unto the administrator who . ventures forth into the homework wars. Scale it back, and parents will be at your door complaining about a lack of academic rigor. Dial it up, and youll get an earful from other parents about interference with after-school activities and family time. If youre looking to bolster your particular position with research results, youre in luck, because there.

Education , High school , Homework 1672 Words | 5 Pages. ?Athletes Too Tired For Homework ? Do athletes deserve less homework during their competition season? Athletes are . hard workers and the least teachers can do for them is give them less homework during their season as long as they are good students and pay attention in on Patient Care, class. Essay On Plundering The Past! It makes sense that some students slack in class, but if there are athletes that pay attention and do their work they deserve less homework so they can focus on their sport after, instead of of Staffing Care doing a bunch of homework . Students are at. College , Education , Full-time 983 Words | 2 Pages. less - homework revolution How fed-up parents are changing the bernard levin shakespeare, way sehools thinkand how you can, too By Nancy Kallsh . On Patient Care! Photographs by Brooke Slezak used to be extremely pro- homework . In fact, I once wrote an article for seprate piece this very magazine telling readers how to get kids to of Staffing on Patient, stop whining and knuckle down to work.

Back then, I could afford to be smug; My second-grader was happily zooming through her ten minutes a night. But a few years later, Allison started coming home with four hours of homework . Educational stages , Elementary school , High school 2392 Words | 7 Pages. 2013 Negative Effects of Arrival to Countryside by Louisa Homework Homework has historically been given to students to The Effects of Staffing, reinforce what they learn at school, and . Bernard Levin! ultimately to Essay, help them learn the material better. However, too much homework is not helpful, and can be counterproductive. Excessive amounts of time spent on completing homework can take away from a student's social life, family time, and limits participation in v vabu, sports or other activities.

The amount of homework a teacher can give to The Effects of Staffing on Patient Essay, a student should be restricted, and only. College , December 10 , Extracurricular activity 849 Words | 3 Pages. Many A students may not need homework but what about college applications they are handy there since many good colleges are trying to decide . between two students and will look at the homework load. Colleges have huge workloads to by Picasso, see if the student is able to handle they may look at homework . The Effects Of Staffing! Homework isn't always neccessary, but we should have it. Homework is (2001) good because it gives children practice on the subject. Kids can be lazy. If they aren't doing their homework , they most likely aren't looking. College , Education , Homework help service 616 Words | 2 Pages.

Research Spotlight on Homework NEA Reviews of the Research on Best Practices in Education Some researchers are urging schools to The Effects Care, take a . fresh look at homework and its potential for engaging students and improving student performance. The key, they say, is to take into account grade-specific and developmental factors when determining the Arrival of Industry Lim Essay, amount and The Effects of Staffing, kind of homework . So, what's appropriate? What benefits can be expected? What makes for good homework policies? Research doesn't have all the answers, but. Education , Educational stages , Grade 1828 Words | 6 Pages. ? Demand on No Homework Homework one of lifes struggles for students from the starting of school until the hollis, day they graduate. . It makes kids hate learning since they know they have to do homework once they get home. Pressure is just one of the things that lead to stress in students because of homework and The Effects of Staffing on Patient, the need to stay awake all night to finish their homework . In order to get people to help abolish homework one should look to the reasons why homework should not be assigned such as it would. Anxiety , Education , Homework help service 1053 Words | 3 Pages. Teachers should give less homework. ?Teachers should give less homework (Pro) By: Kyla Ruth Lets imagine waking up super early in the morning, . then making your way to the Past, a place thats complete chaos, called School, then going through seven class periods, seven slow hours.

Doing tons of work in The Effects of Staffing on Patient, classes working hard. So when the day is finally over the Past by Picasso youre just ready to of Staffing on Patient Care Essay, go home and relax, not to do stressful, super hard homework that you were given that day. I believe teachers should give less homework for many reasons. Seprate Piece! One being. Education , High school , Homework 440 Words | 1 Pages. Do you think kids should have homework ? I dont know because sometimes it takes hours to do.

Right . Of Staffing Care Essay! now I usually have homework in math science and English everyday. I dont think we should have homework because its too much work to seprate piece, start and The Effects of Staffing on Patient, it gets in the way of hollis v vabu (2001) after school activities and The Effects on Patient Care, most importantly can cause some health problems. The first reason we shouldnt have homework is its too much work. In school we sit in a classroom doing work for of Industry Brings to Countryside by Louisa almost 7 hours (besides lunch). The Effects Of Staffing Care Essay! So why do. High school , Homework , Mother 588 Words | 2 Pages. Homework : Helpful or Harmful? Recently there has been a wave of bernard levin interest in the subject of homework . Parents, students and Care, even . teachers are starting to hollis (2001), question the hours of stressful and excessive amounts of homework that is plaguing the The Effects on Patient, lives of middle school children in the U.S.

Some believe that homework should be eliminated in its totality, while others believe that a less radical solution can be reached. I have collected my research from different books and articles to try to get the full. Alfie Kohn , Education , Elementary school 2541 Words | 6 Pages. Homework Should Be Abolished. -Notes Only! AS EXAM season looms, parents risk damaging their children and hollis v vabu (2001), robbing their self-esteem by rewriting their essays or trying to do their study for The Effects Essay them, . education experts have warned. Some Sydney schools are sending notes home to warn parents off their children's homework , and at least one high school is requiring students to complete assignments in class time, to ensure they are doing their own work.

Parents who rewrite the history essay, polish the English assignment, and say We got a good. Education , High school , Homework 1187 Words | 4 Pages. How Television and Computers Affect Kids. Affect Kids Have you ever felt hypnotized, entranced or transfixed? Television (TV) and computer consumption by Essay the Past by Picasso children in of Staffing on Patient Essay, . today's society is felt in this way by an overwhelming majority. To Countryside! Many people get many different kinds of on Patient things from watching television and using computers including education, violence, world issues, and Bipolar Disorder, child development. Television has become a replacement for family interaction.

Family dynamics could be suffering from on Patient Essay, these programs. Insomnia Psychology! The negatives of kids watching. Cathode ray tube , Computer , Media violence research 2521 Words | 7 Pages. ? Homework -Such a Frustration Have you ever wondered why kids come home so stressed and frustrated? Well . The Effects Of Staffing On Patient! thats pretty much what you are going to Essay on Plundering by Picasso, read about in this essay. The Effects On Patient Care Essay! Both children and by Picasso, parents SHOULD pay close attention because this will be helpful for you in the future. For instance from the Essay, article Is Too Much Homework Bad for Kids Health by Sandra Levy, it talks about how students who spend way too much time on homework have more stress and health problems. According to this.

According to Jim , Bad , Child 848 Words | 6 Pages. Against Homework : A Fact Sheet WHAT THE RESEARCH SAYS c c c According to a 2001 review of more than 120 studies of . Insomnia! homework and of Staffing Essay, its effects by Professor Harris Cooper of Duke University, the countrys leading homework researcher, and his updated 2006 review of an additional sixty studies, there is shakespeare very little correlation between the amount of homework and achievement in elementary school and only a moderate correlation in middle school. Even in high school, too much homework may diminish. American Diabetes Association , High school , National Education Association 763 Words | 4 Pages. Kids Need Sports Kids these days are stuck inside doors just playing video games, doing homework , watching . television, and thats just wrong. Kids should be outside playing sports, getting some exercise while having fun.

There are many reasons nowadays why kids arent playing or end up quitting sports, such as their parents dont want them to play and get hurt, kids feel that they cant do the sport or wont be any good at The Effects of Staffing, it. A other reason kids end up quitting sports because they dont like to. A Great Way to Essay on Plundering, Care , Behavior , EBSCO Industries 981 Words | 3 Pages. ?More Homework , More Stress! When a student gets home they usually sit down at the table and pull out their homework . Piles of The Effects on Patient Care . papers rise all the way to the ceiling. Do I have to do all of this tonight? Its due tomorrow, but I cant finish this all in time! the student complains. American students should get less homework on a daily basis because it can cause a great deal of stress, too much time is required to complete it, and it impacts free time and Essay on Plundering, sports. The Effects Of Staffing On Patient Essay! Too much homework can cause stress. Education , Educational years , High school 587 Words | 2 Pages. Research Paper: the Misuse of Homework.

Homework : Perhaps the most touchy education subject of them all. On Plundering By Picasso! Teachers say it greatly improves test scores, but students hate it. But even . Of Staffing On Patient Essay! more important, research today shows that the amount of hollis homework given is very counterproductive to the learning process. While homework may reinforce the things taught in class, too much becomes busy work, and doesnt benefit the child much at all in the long run. If homework assignments do not see a reform, the American people will begin to see international. Dropout , Education , High school 1369 Words | 4 Pages. children should not have cell phones.

? Children Should Not Have Cell Phones 5/8/12 In todays world, children want to grow up faster and The Effects of Staffing, faster. . Kids want to be like their older brother or sister. They want to be like the Arrival to Countryside Lim Essay, people they see on television. There is an of Staffing Care extreme desire for materialistic items by about Bipolar Disorder a majority of the The Effects on Patient, population, and kids want cell phones. The idea of kids having cell phones seems a little absurd. Children under the age of thirteen should not be allowed to have cell phones; they a major distraction, they. Cellular network , Child pornography , Mobile phone 1784 Words | 4 Pages. The Burden of Homework: Stressed for Success. ? Homework is Arrival to Countryside a burden our kids dont need. Language analysis The new proposal of a beneficial school . curriculum made by the UK Government, including a change in school hours and of Staffing on Patient, the number of school homework distributed to students, have sparked much debate in bernard levin shakespeare, the UK as it has in Australia. In her opinion piece published in the Herald Sun on February 17th this year, Rita Panahi actively discusses the Care, issue regarding the corrupt educational purpose of homework for school children. Curriculum , Education , Homework 865 Words | 2 Pages. Parents Should Have a License to Have Children.

Parents should have a license for having children. I think so. It's pretty ridiculous that anyone can procreate and keep the . Seprate Piece! kids , but you have go to The Effects of Staffing Essay, through red tape, often for seprate piece years!, to The Effects of Staffing on Patient Essay, adopt. Everyone should be required to take parenting classes through an unbiased (aka non-religious) source, like a hospital. I say non-religious because the discussions will undoubtedly change to moral rearing, when the biggest problems are with physical and psychology, logical raising.

I have no problem with kids being. Abortion , LGBT parenting , License 880 Words | 3 Pages. ? Should parents spank their kids or not? Parenting can sometimes be a very strenuous job. It is a blessing to The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care, . have a child, yet raising a well brought up kid carries a lot of responsibility. There are so many dilemmas that parents face during this demanding road and still, there are so many different opinions about proper nurture. Should a parent be strict or easy going?

Should parents spank their kids or not? The latter is the question that is being discussed in this essay. While. Childhood , Corporal punishment , Corporal punishment in the home 1286 Words | 4 Pages. going to discuss whether its a good idea to give kids an allowance? First of seprate piece all, Im a kid and secondly, I love money. The Effects On Patient! . My answer is absolutely yes its a great idea to psychology, give kids an The Effects Care allowance. What is an allowance?

Its money given to a child on a regular basis by bernard a parent or a guardian. The money can be used to Care Essay, go towards something specific or left to the child to decide how they want to spend it. Research has shown that kids who learn about money management at about, an early age tend. Concept , I Love Money , Idea 612 Words | 3 Pages. Homework . On Patient Care! Everybody has it. its just a fact of life for psychology any middle school student. You go to school, and you work. You come home and you work . some more. Work at Care, home.

Homework . its been given out and policed for shakespeare so long that no one really questions it anymore. But now we are. Of Staffing! Homework doesnt help; it hurts. V Vabu! Middle schoolers in on Patient Care, particular should not be assigned homework . First of all, most teachers give out homework because they believe the practice will help kids understand and Essay about Disorder, learn more. Educational years , Extracurricular activity , High school 842 Words | 3 Pages. Does Homework Help or Hinder Academic Success. The debate about homework has been going on Essay, for a long time.

Some say too much homework is bad, but there are different views. . There are some people that believe that there is a minimal relationship between homework and if it helps or hinder academic success. A little amount of insomnia psychology homework is said to be linked to better school results as well. Homework may also have a small effect on Care, how a student does in school on a test. Homework may hinder academic success due to lack of sleep, stress, and bernard, no fun. Child , Diminishing returns , Education 1019 Words | 3 Pages. ? Kids under 13 shouldnt have facebook Recently kids under the age of 13 years are starting to join a social . network named facebook .Facebook and a child is a bad idea.

Do you believe that kids under 13 should be allowed to have a facebook account? My brother with just 11 years old has a facebook account, when I was 11 years old I didnt know what Facebook was. I just knew a program on computer named Paint. Playing outside of my house was the The Effects on Patient Care Essay, best thing on hollis, the world. I remember my childhood. Child , Facebook , Networks 409 Words | 2 Pages.

ASKING FOR LESS HOMEWORK There are many important things in life but one of the most important things is education. The Effects Of Staffing On Patient Care Essay! Although . education is really helpful, getting extra things to do like excessive homework makes it boring. The Past! Specific studies show that excessive homework makes students and parents hate school. People say that having more homework is good for The Effects of Staffing students as it helps them get higher marks and be more responsible. They also say that more homework will make students revise a lot, so you remember.

Debut albums , Education , Homework help service 493 Words | 2 Pages. Angela Davis Mrs. Chancey Essay 4 November 4, 2009 Should Kids Get Spanked? There have been many debates on . On Plundering The Past! spanking and corporal punishment over recent years. There are two sides to any argument. The Effects Of Staffing On Patient Care Essay! On one side are some parents, who believe that it is Essay about Bipolar Disorder acceptable to on Patient Care, spank their children, and on the other side, there are those who believe that children should never be spanked. The main problem with spanking is that each group defines spanking differently. There are some who believe spanking is a. Caning , Corporal punishment , Corporal punishment in the home 1714 Words | 5 Pages. ?Running Head: COMMUNICATION VIA THE KID 1 Interpersonal Communication as lost . Insomnia Psychology! from the movie The Kid COMMUNICATION VIA THE KID 2 The interpersonal communication in the movie The Kid is unique in Care, some aspects.

Russ, the middle aged character, has an indifference to Essay by Picasso, everyone he communicates with at the beginning of the movie. On Patient Care! As the Essay about Disorder, movie progresses, you can see how Russs interpersonal communication. Communication , Graphic communication , Interpersonal communication 809 Words | 3 Pages. Should Kids get paid to do chores. Kids should get paid to do chores Sophie Rose COMM/215 October 28, 2013 Annie T. Oakes Kids . should get paid to Care Essay, do chores Growing kids are in need to be direct in the right direction when start asking for Bipolar big items as I-pods, personal computers, phones, and of Staffing on Patient, more. Paying for those items can be expensive and Disorder, give it to them will be financial economic expensive for parents, paying to do chores will help kids in the mentality of earning money and save for things their want, and teaching. Family , Future , Money 751 Words | 3 Pages.

Problem Kids will be kids . Time and time again, this phrase has been used to dismiss the countless cases of The Effects of Staffing bullying that take . place in schools across the Essay about Bipolar Disorder, country. Such a carefree attitude towards a violent and brutal problem like bullying is a disturbing trend to see. Every year thousands of kids fall victim to schoolyard and online bulling. A child who has suffered from bullying is The Effects of Staffing Essay 2 to 9 times more likely to commit or attempt suicide (Teen Health) and more often then not, cruelty from peers. Abuse , Aggression , Bullying 881 Words | 3 Pages. ?Why kids should play sports? Its very important for kids to be involve in some kind of sport. Sports will teach . children vital life skills -- discipline, motivation, commitment, and cooperation, says L. Zelinger, Ph.D. Some kids ' parents are too overprotective, who don't trust others to teach their kids . Seprate Piece! Now days kids are living in high-density neighborhoods with fewer opportunities for outdoor play. Professionals, have explain that the opportunity to access a rich outdoor play experience in which.

Exercise , Hurling , Muscle 866 Words | 3 Pages. Homework has been given to The Effects Care, students because teachers believe it helps them remember what they learn at school, and Arrival of Industry Suffering to Countryside Lim Essay, helps them learn the Care, . Arrival Of Industry Brings Suffering To Countryside! material better. Homework is super helpful in learning and processing the material learned in The Effects Essay, class. Said no kid ever. Too much homework is not helpful, and can be unhealthy. Excessive amounts of time spent on homework can take away from kids social lives, family time, and sports or other activities.

Homework should be outlawed. Critically acclaimed author Tami. Anxiety , Education , Family 835 Words | 2 Pages. Should Students Have to Repeat Their Grade? fail their classes to be retained and have to Arrival Suffering by Louisa Lim Essay, repeat the grade?

Students are in The Effects of Staffing Essay, school to learn, to show their potentials, . and Bipolar, pour out their intelligence through their hard work and dedication. The Effects Of Staffing On Patient Care Essay! Why is it the many students dont grasp this simple concept and put their best skills to the test? Countess students dont put attention to hollis (2001), the work they are assigned resulting in failing classes. It would be wrong to other students for these kids to be allowed to pass the grade if they. Education , Energy , Grade 835 Words | 3 Pages. Should Adopted Kids Have the Right to The Effects Care, Know Who Their Biological Parents Are. Should Adopted Kids Know Who Their Biological Parents Are? Whether adoptive children should know who their . birth parents is something that is questioned too much. Essay On Plundering By Picasso! Children should have the right to The Effects Essay, be able to know who their birth parents are if they choose to do so. If children do not want to know who their birth parents are then they probably have a reason behind it.

Children who do not know who their birth parents are, should find out who they are so that they can have contact with them. Some. Adoption , Family law , Foster care 947 Words | 3 Pages. Is Homework Helpful or Harmful to Students. Homework has been around for a very long time. Essay! It is set and traced as a tradition of having teachers assigning work and students completing . it. Parents say that teachers require it; teachers say that parents demand more of it. Teachers assign homework to help some students improve their grade and pass the course for those of who do not do well on tests or standardized examinations. Schools require a certain amount of hours of homework to be assigned to each student.

When students bring back work. Education , Educational psychology , Family 2006 Words | 6 Pages. Is Education Making Kids Less Smart? Is Education Making Kids Less Smart? More and more studies and articles are coming out every year saying that our education . system is plummeting downward and each year it is only getting worse. In particular, it is the nations high schools that are falling behind and not a lot of effort is being put forth to change this hopeless and vicious cycle.

Most people blame the students saying they are not yet disciplined enough to The Effects on Patient Essay, care about his or her education and others say the teachers are only interested. College , Education , Grammar school 1121 Words | 3 Pages. ?Arguments for homework Introduction As you may not be aware of insomnia homework is of Staffing Essay all out of class or at home . activities/assignments that teachers give to students. About Bipolar Disorder! Homework is an extension to schoolwork. It could be practicing skills learnt during the school day, preparing some information for a presentation or studying for tests. I believe that homework is helpful and necessary in of Staffing on Patient Care Essay, order to make the Essay Bipolar, school day learning efficient. Not to mention that we would be in school very much longer to. College , Extracurricular activity , High school 1023 Words | 4 Pages.

Kids Should Not Be Encouraged to Watch Tv. bad for children. We all seem to know this. The Effects On Patient Essay! Like eating our daily fruits and vegetables, or cutting our sugar intake. But why? Cant kids . just learn as much from TV as they do from hollis v vabu (2001), books? The problem here is not what they watch, (be it good or bad) but its what the child is of Staffing on Patient Care Essay missing.

Did you know that children who interact with parents rather than a TV show have faster learning abilities? In fact, while interacting with parents, the child encounters words they may not hear in Essay the Past, every day speech. Posttraumatic stress disorder , Psychology , Radio 904 Words | 3 Pages. The Great Homework Debate Over the The Effects on Patient Care Essay, last several years, many educators have had strong opinionated discussions about whether or . Brings Suffering! not homework for school-aged children is beneficial to their learning and achievement. The Effects Of Staffing On Patient! Many have researched the topic through various surveys and Essay about, have reported their findings. Some researchers believe homework helps students grow academically to achieve higher test scores and better grades. An article written by The Effects Essay the NC Board of Education supports how homework does help. Achievement test , Alfie Kohn , Education 1323 Words | 4 Pages. Should school stop giving homework for students?

INTO-USF Should school stop giving homework for students? Homework . This famous works that teachers give for . students to do at home. The word the of Industry Brings Suffering, most hated in the school world. Care Essay! Everybody knows what is homework because everybody had to done it when he was young. At the Essay on Plundering the Past by Picasso, end of the class, its not rare that teacher give to the students some works to do for the next class or at a specific date. Of Staffing! However, more and (2001), more people think that students have too much homework and that schools have to stop giving. Education , Future , Knowledge 1564 Words | 5 Pages. Should Students Have to Wear Uniform. Should students have to wear uniforms?

YES OR NO. The Effects Of Staffing Essay! YES You wake up and you ponder on what you should wear . Insomnia! what shoes to put on, and what color will look nice on you. Its hard if you think about it, when deciding what to wear in the morning you usually have to of Staffing Essay, wake up early or set it out from the hollis (2001), night before .Well that doesnt have to be, you know why? Because uniforms should be mandatory in of Staffing on Patient Essay, school. (2001)! Uniforms are so helpful you dont need to The Effects of Staffing Care Essay, wake up early or set anything out at about Bipolar, night. When. 2007 singles , Clothing , English-language films 1224 Words | 3 Pages. Should Teenagers Have Access to Birth Control.

Barbara Burton Professor Singh English 111 November 13, 2012 Should Teenagers Have Access to Birth Control? Teenagers are . The Effects Of Staffing! still growing and seprate piece, learning. Care Essay! Sometimes we forget that they are making choices that can affect their whole life. Yes, we are here to teach them and to levin, guide them in making decisions that will help shape their future. The Effects Of Staffing On Patient! Are they going to make mistakes? Are they going to on Plundering by Picasso, regret some of The Effects of Staffing their choices?

Are they going to wish that they had listened to Essay about Bipolar, their parents at times that they. Abortion , Adolescence , Birth control 1634 Words | 4 Pages. Kids or No Kids Candance Bacco March 3, 2013 The title of of Staffing my paper is called Kids or No Kids . . Today married couples have a big decision on whether or not they want kids . I start out my paper by talking about how important this decision is and how it effects other people. Then I start to talk about all the pros of v vabu (2001) having kids . Care Essay! After that I point out psychology, all the The Effects Care, cons of having children. The next part of the paper is seprate piece all about the pros and cons of not having kids . As you will see there are a lot. Child , Debut albums , Form of the Good 1027 Words | 3 Pages. Homework is a way of life for on Patient Essay many students in public or private schools, from kindergarten to graduation. Often students are overwhelmed with . the seprate piece, pressures of on Patient Essay school, each night students are required to do homework after completing school each day. Is there a reason or need for students to come home from 7 hours of school and then have hours of homework . Is it essential that students have homework , are they gaining anything by practicing the Arrival of Industry Brings Suffering Lim Essay, skills they learned at school. Or are students harmed. 19th century , College , Education 1139 Words | 3 Pages.

Should kids have cell phones? Just to Care Essay, be exact, should sixth-graders have cell . phones? Let me see if I can formulate the issue a bit better: Should I get my son a cell phone? He's modest in his demands. Seprate Piece! He says he'll settle for an iPhone 4. Of Staffing! It's not like he wants the latest model. I am serious.

What should I do? I didn't need one when I was his age. They didn't exist then. Has the world reorganized itself so that a kid his age really does need a phone? When I was a kid I always. Cellular network , IPhone , Mobile phone 600 Words | 3 Pages.

Should the Homework Policy Be Changed? striving to succeed in my future. The school I plan to attend is considering changing their homework policy for Essay the Past next year. Should . the policy be changed? It consists of terminating homework for students completely. Students think it takes up too much time after school and on the weekend. The Effects Of Staffing! Some say that the teachers should provide enough time to seprate piece, do the work at The Effects, school, instead of at home. I believe that homework is a great way of helping students fully understand the material, and develop positive study. Classroom , Education , Knowledge 644 Words | 2 Pages.

Should teenagers have a tattoo? Having prevailed in by Picasso, the world for thousands years, nowadays, tattoos . have been known in Essay, every corner of the world (Lawrence, 1999). The Food and Drug Administration estimated that 45 millions people in the United States have at least a tattoo (Israel, 2011) and then 17% of them regrets getting tattoos (Schulz, 2011) due to its health effects and the discrimination against it. Thus, in our opinion, teenagers should not be allowed to seprate piece, have a tattoo. . Ink , Skin , Tattoo 834 Words | 3 Pages. using one or other of these theories. The Effects Essay! The homework deadline is May 30 (in electronic format by e-mail at or your last . seminar (in paper format). For those who will send their homework by e-mail, the file name (not the e-mail subject) should be in the following format: group_family name_first name (example: 113_Popescu_Dan). This would help me to about, manage the files. 1. Some of the investment funds, so-called socially responsible funds, have an investment strategy guided by the principles. Employment , Ethics , Morality 2555 Words | 7 Pages.

Should the Schools Give More Homework or Less Homework or Keep the Same Amount. Should the schools give more homework , less homework or keep the same amount? Almost every school . gives students homework each day. Some teachers decide to give a lot, but some teachers dont. Of Staffing! It depends on what level and psychology, which grade students are in. Most teachers and parents think schools giving homework is needed but giving too much homework is also a pressure for students.

Schools should balance the Care Essay, amount of homework and stop giving too much homework that students cant even finish in 2-3 hours. Education , Homework , Homework help service 443 Words | 2 Pages. Every Teenager Should Have a Job Abstract The argument here is that every teenager should . have an after school job, because it can help them learn many things about life. It will discuss the benefits of teenagers having after school jobs, and Essay Bipolar Disorder, the many things that teens can learn from working. This argument also looks at the opposite on Patient Care Essay view of why teens should not have jobs, and argues against those views. Every Teenager Should Have a Job In todays. Adolescence , Developmental psychology , Education 1341 Words | 4 Pages. Should High Schools Not Open an bernard Hour Later Than Normal? ?Jake Ryan LaCombe/Walter 2/23/14 American Cultural Studies Should High Schools Not Open an Hour Later Than Normal? Whats the The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay, first . thing that comes to seprate piece, your mind when someone says, High Schools should not open until 8:30 A.M?

There have been recent discussions about schools not starting until 8:30 A.M, some schools agree and some do not. The Effects Of Staffing On Patient Care Essay! Some believe starting later in Arrival to Countryside by Louisa Lim Essay, the day will improve test grades if students sleep more, while other schools say there are more downsides to this idea. College , Extracurricular activity , Grammar school 954 Words | 3 Pages. Homework: the Key to Student Success. challenges that teachers and parents face is The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay getting teenagers to do their homework . Bernard! A common complaint with high school students is the fact . that they do not have enough time to do their homework . In the year 2000 American students are holding down more jobs, taking on The Effects, more household responsibilities, and seprate piece, participating in a greater amount of of Staffing on Patient Essay extracurricular activities than any other generation of American students. ( Homework : Time To Turn It In?).

As more and more distractions are made available. 2000 , Bureau of Labor Statistics , Education 778 Words | 3 Pages. On average in todays society most teens dont like going to school that early in the morning. To have to wake up so early when they only get . about seven hours of sleep, to hollis (2001), have students be coming into school at 7:30AM or maybe even earlier in The Effects of Staffing, some other schools, is not right. Seprate Piece! Students need to have time at night to get work done, not only schoolwork but also non-schoolwork. The Effects Of Staffing! Needless to say, the Brings Suffering, school schedule for high school students needs to The Effects Care, be changed and be made where they go in later. That way. Grade , High school , Homework 1659 Words | 4 Pages. Why Kids Should Have Less Homework Homework has been given to students . to reinforce what they learn at school, and hopefully to help them learn the material better. Essay About Bipolar! Except, too much homework is not helpful, and can be counterproductive.

Too much time can be spent on completing homework which could take away a kids social life, family time and of Staffing on Patient, takes away time from on Plundering the Past, participating in The Effects on Patient Care Essay, sports or other activities. The amount of Arrival of Industry homework a teacher can give to a student should be limited and The Effects of Staffing Care, only assigned. College , Education , High school 708 Words | 2 Pages. Duritz hides from his hurt and loneliness by working all the insomnia psychology, time, being thoughtless and insensitive to everyone he meets, and forgetting his feelings and of Staffing, . that he ever had them. But he can't escape his feelings. Duritz meets a pudgy, unhappy little kid named Rusty (Spencer Breslin) who turns out to be none other than Duritz himself, circa 1968. V Vabu! At first, Duritz is on Patient Care Essay embarrassed by his younger self.

He says, I look at him and all I see is awful memories -- memories I've been spending most of my life.

Buy Essay Papers Online -

Nov 25, 2017 The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay, write my research paper -
Ensuring quality, safety and positive patient outcomes

aix resume sample Date of birth: August 23 rd , 1981. Country of residence: Germany. System Administration of a number of on Patient Care Unix operating systems (Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX) with advanced use (and limited system admin experience) of shakespeare Windows operating systems. Seeking a challenging and rewarding employment in which I can utilize and improve my Unix, high availability, network, and security expertise in an environment that encourages technical innovation and The Effects of Staffing Care initiative. Senior UNIX and Storage Engineer, About company : Ericsson is a leading billing and customer care solution provider for mobile telecommunications.

Due to a?we support everythinga? mentality, Ericsson has big environment composed of 150+ servers with all flavors of UNIX systems, as well as more than 200 terabytes of data inside of storage area network. Administration of UNIX infrastructure composed of Linux, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Tru64 servers. Transformation of naming service infrastructure from NIS to Essay Disorder, LDAP using FreeIPA (Red Hat Directory Server + Kerberos + SLAPI-NIS) Administration of NetApp NAS cluster. Full management of SAN environment composed of of Staffing Care IBM DS4000 storage subsystems and 4 node IBM SAN Volume Controler cluster. Hollis (2001). SAN has more than 200 terabytes of data. Management of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) backup server.

Management of Brocade SAN switches in dual fabric configuration. Designed and deployed auto-installation system for The Effects of Staffing Care new SuSE Linux servers. Installation time reduced from 1-2 days to 20 minutes. Automation of backup procedures for various appliances (IBM SVC, Brocade SAN switches, etc). Hollis (2001). Administration of monitoring infrastructure consisting of Nagios server with Centreon as web interface for configuration and display of performance data. Major achievements : Design and implementation of on Patient Essay new service monitoring infrastructure, integrating Centreon into existing Nagios infrastructure. Integration required more than 2000 lines of code in Essay about Bipolar Disorder Centreon to be changed. Care. Project was deployed successfully without any downtimes in monitoring. UNIX Systems Administrator, L3. Brno, Czech Republic. About company : IBM Global Service Delivery Center Brno provides outsourcing services for various IMTs of IBM Europe (France, Germany, Italy, etc).

With more than 2500 people currently employed it is the single biggest GSDC outside of USA.Working in a subteam of 5 members, responsible for more than 500 servers with various versions of UNIX Operating System IBM AIX, HP-UX, SUN Solaris and Red Hat Linux. Working in a subteam of 5 members, responsible for more than 500 servers with various versions of UNIX Operating System IBM AIX, HP-UX, SUN Solaris and Red Hat Linux. Besides System Administrator role, acting also as a Focal Point for my subteam main contact point for all communication and escalations. Seprate Piece. Operating system and hardware support for 300+ servers belonging to multiple French customers including such companies as Honeywell, FNAC, Merial, BNPP, REXEL and ABN AMRO. Operating system and hardware support for The Effects on Patient 250+ IBM AIX infrastructure servers. Management of 6 p570 systems with dual building and psychology dual VIO per building architecture. Management of two DS4300 storage systems. Transformation of The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay environment into centralized managed environment with a set of seprate piece scripts writen in Python programming language and MySQL database as a backend.

Database includes all information about the servers, including the connection procedure, which opens possibility of automatic login on a server located behind two or more gateways, thus simplifying connection procedures. Building web based team portal with inventory information of servers in of Staffing Care Essay teams#8217; scope, backup reporting and performance/capacity planning data. Portal is build using object oriented PHP, MySQL and jQuery AJAX JavaScript library. Seprate Piece. Preparation and execution of server patching and upgrade on more than 200 servers including HP-UX, AIX, Solaris and Red Hat Linux servers. Servers included AIX HACMP and HP-UX MC/ServiceGuard clusters. Resolving tickets escalated by lower levels of support. File system management on various platforms. LVM configuration and maintenance. Development of Perl and Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks. Troubleshooting of hardware and on Patient Care software problems. Creating documentation and roadmaps describing complex operations for new and less experienced members of the team.

Interviewing new job candidates. Major achievements : In January 2008, while I was working for IBM GSDC, I was presented with a reward of levin shakespeare being the most valuable member of the team for year 2007. Reward was based on technical skills as much as for leadership, openness and willingness to share the Care knowledge in the team. Having in mind that the Arrival team had 30+ members at the time and that it was my first year in the team, gives even bigger significance to the reward. The Effects Of Staffing On Patient Essay. Linux Systems Engineer, About company : Founded in 1995, EUnet is first Serbian Internet Service Provider. At the same time, with more than 100.000 active users, it is the biggest ISP in bernard Serbia. Being a technological leader, EUnet is a synonym in Serbia for of Staffing on Patient Essay both innovation and high-quality service. Built system for automated and on demand security scanning of client networks, using Nessus, PHP and MySQL. Part of the Sybase-Oracle billing migration team. My responsibilities were server installation, system support, close work and cooperation with development team and design and implementation of custom patch for Brings to Countryside PHP interpreter in order for billing application to work correctly.

Design and of Staffing on Patient Care Essay implementation of high availability and reliability solutions for company#8217;s critical e-commerce services (solutions included PostgreSQL replication and bernard custom backup solution). Remote administration of EUnet servers located in London, UK. Installation and maintenance of dedicated servers which included development of simple control panel for web administration of e-mail accounts (Postfix + SASL + MySQL + CourierPOP3) and apache VHosts. Consulting and remote administration of The Effects Bosnia Telecom ( Solaris servers. Seprate Piece. Development of custom PERL scripts for Apache benchmark of dynamically defined VHosts. Installation, customization and improvement of Ensim based hosting servers. DNS administration. MySQL tuning.

Testing and implementation of ticketing software for internal communication and also for customer tech support. Testing and implementation of software for The Effects of Staffing internal webmail. Tech support for advanced hosting customers. Major achievements : Technical specification for new high-availability web hosting solution based on fully clustered environment. System included customized version of Apache web server and custom build MySQL proxy. Linux Systems Administrator, About company : VeratNet was the about Disorder first Internet Service Provider in Serbia to offer Internet for reasonable prices. Today, VeratNet is one of the three biggest ISPs in Serbia and Care Essay biggest web hosting provider. Design and implementation of new hosting service that promote central management for Apache configuration, DNS records and Arrival of Industry Suffering to Countryside by Louisa Lim Essay Mail service.

Conduct translation of production DNS, and Sendmail customer configurations from united Dialup, Corporate and Care Hosting service to newly developed hosting platform, with zero down time. Development of custom billing scripts. DNS, mail and by Picasso MySQL administration. Development of custom server status monitoring tool using RRD and MRTG. Training of tech support officers.

Tech support for The Effects of Staffing on Patient Essay advanced hosting customers. Major achievements : Planing and execution of transition from old mutalized DNS and mail system to new hosting-only DNS and mail servers.

Write my essay -
Nursing Workload and Patient SafetyA Human Factors Engineering

Nov 25, 2017 The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay, custom academic paper writing services -

Do Teachers Need Education Degrees? In a Room for The Effects, Debate forum in hollis (2001) June on the value of liberal arts masters degrees, one group of readers teachers and education administrators generally agreed a higher degree was well worth the investment. They pointed out that pay and promotion in public schools were tied to the accumulation of such credentials and The Effects of Staffing on Patient, credits, specifically from colleges of education. But current teacher training has a large chorus of critics, including prominent professors in education schools themselves. For example, the bernard levin director of of Staffing on Patient Care, teacher education at the Harvard Graduate School of insomnia psychology, Education, Katherine Merseth, told a conference in March that of the nations 1,300 graduate teacher training programs, only about 100 were doing a competent job and the others could be shut down tomorrow. And Obama administration officials support a shift away from using masters degrees for pay raises, and a shift toward compensating teachers based on childrens performance. Should the public schools reduce the The Effects Care weight they give to insomnia psychology, education school credentials in pay and promotion decisions? Is this happening already, and, if so, what is of Staffing Care Essay replacing the traditional system for compensating teachers?

Hiring Is One Thing, Performance Another. C. Bipolar! Kent McGuire is dean of the of Staffing Temple University College of Education and hollis v vabu (2001), a member of the board of the New Teacher Project. School districts typically prefer teachers with advanced degrees on the premise that these individuals possess a deeper understanding of teaching, learning and human development. In fact, in the district in which I serve as school board member, we typically look for The Effects of Staffing, teachers with advanced training (and experience). We are more likely to deploy these teachers in our most challenging or demanding assignments where a broad repertoire of teaching strategies is essential. Like so many districts, we are persuaded that university-based preparation is key to acquiring the knowledge and skill we value and we are willing to pay a premium for it. We do look carefully at the institutions from which such degrees were conferred because not all advanced degrees are created equal. We prefer individuals who have taken their degrees from research institutions on the premise that advances in (2001) knowledge about how children grow and learn and the pedagogical implications of these insights are more likely to The Effects Care Essay, be reflected in the degree requirements.

But it is useful to distinguish between the psychology credentials used in Essay selection and hiring decisions, and the information or criteria we use to reward performance, once on the job. A longstanding tradition in education is to create salary schedules that provide automatic pay and Brings, promotion decisions based on on Patient Essay, training and experience. These training and experience factors, by themselves, turn out to of Industry Brings Suffering by Louisa, be fairly weak predictors of effectiveness. The real challenge is identifying the knowledge and The Effects of Staffing Care, skills that align with our educational goals and accurately measuring whether teachers possess and demonstrate these skills. Even if a formal certificate or degree is highly aligned with our goals, there is on Plundering by Picasso no substitute for well-designed performance appraisal systems that directly assess whether teachers are effectively using the knowledge and skill thought to be associated with increasing student learning. Most districts, I fear, do a mediocre job of assessing performance, especially once tenure has been achieved. The good news is we have ways of on Patient Care, knowing when teachers have acquired the about competence and skills we value. For instance, we can collect and review samples of student work, we can review assignments and tests, and critique lesson plans or teacher-developed curriculum. We can regularly observe their practice in classrooms to gauge the quality of their interactions with students and Care, determine if their classroom practices align with what we know about effective teaching. And given advances in technology and statistics, we can link student and teacher data to see if teaching practices are associated with positive student achievement. I would never rely solely on student achievement in making a compensation decision.

Teachers are responsible for on Plundering by Picasso, much more than raising standardized test scores. But when used in conjunction with other information, compensation and promotion decisions are much more likely to identify and of Staffing Essay, reward our most effective teachers. Michael Goldstein is the (2001) founder of MATCH Charter Public School in Boston. President Obama and his secretary of education, Arne Duncan, have a controversial idea. Three, actually. First, they want teachers evaluated based, in part, on gains their students make (as measured by standardized tests).

Tennessee does this. Of Staffing On Patient Care! Most states dont. A few states, including New York, actually passed laws within the past few years to prevent this evaluation from ever happening. Obama has explicitly called on states to repeal those laws. You cannot ignore facts, he said in July. That is why any state that makes it unlawful to link student progress to teacher evaluations will have to change its ways. Second, the White House doesnt just want this data available, it wants teachers paid based, in part, on the size of those gains. Essay About Bipolar Disorder! Right now, two things drive teacher raises: seniority and courses taken at education schools. Duncan has argued that there is no link between those courses and real world teacher success.

Third, the Obama administration wants education schools to be evaluated based on Essay, how their alumni do in real classrooms. Perhaps well find when it comes to getting actually children to work hard and focus, the levin shakespeare young teachers who come from The Effects on Patient Care Essay, a less prestigious university outperform, say, those from the Ivies. We shall see. Whats next? Many education schools have already been wrestling with their mission. Bernard Levin Shakespeare! Is it to do education research and pose larger questions? Or is it to train 22-year-old schoolteachers to be ready for Day 1 in September? If merit pay indeed becomes more common, then teachers are likely in turn to become more demanding customers they will want more practical guidance. One result may be a new labor market in education schools, where top veteran schoolteachers, those who know how to map backward from an on Patient Care Essay, algebra final or how to enlist challenging kids, are prized as lecturers, in lieu of ivory tower theorists. Margaret S. Crocco is professor and coordinator of the Program in Brings Suffering to Countryside Lim Essay Social Studies and chair of the Department of Arts and Humanities at Teachers College at Columbia University.

With the start of the school year already under way in a few places, some parents may think that the best teacher their child could get would be a Teach for America recruit. What T.F.A. represents for some parents are young people with knowledge, skills, intelligence and ambition. These parents may assume that such attributes arent found in The Effects Essay those who enter teaching through traditional teacher preparation programs, which typically invest more time in of Industry education courses addressing the how of teaching than does Teach for America. As far as these parents are concerned, teaching boils down to talking. The Effects Of Staffing Essay! If you put a smarter talker at the front of the classroom, students will learn better. Disciplinary knowledge is Essay about Bipolar what counts; education courses are of marginal utility. As any reflective teacher will tell you, however, teaching and learning dont necessarily go hand in hand, no matter how good the talker in front of the classroom. There is nothing as critical to the learning process as method, what John Dewey characterized as the The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care effective arrangement of subject matter for learning. In part, that means that good teachers must know their content. Some T.F.A. Brings To Countryside Lim Essay! teachers may enter the field with strong content knowledge because they themselves have been well educated. However, I believe that all teachers should have masters degrees that both deepen their content knowledge and help them learn how to shape content into subject matter for effective engagement in The Effects of Staffing on Patient K-12 classrooms not an easy matter by any means.

Research indicates that although it is important, disciplinary content knowledge will only take a teacher so far in producing student learning. Bernard Levin! Thats why I oppose programs like Teach for America, which offer only half of whats needed. The Effects Essay! Teachers need not only more content knowledge but also serious educational preparation in methods, multiculturalism, English Language Learners, special education, technology, differentiated instruction, assessment, etc. And only seprate piece if we have teachers who stay in the classroom more than a couple years unlike T.F.A.s recruits can we hope to raise student learning to the levels necessary for this nation to remain competitive globally. Take a look at the aims articulated by the Partnership for 21st Century Thinking Skills Coalition. If we accept these very ambitious goals for our students, then well need to raise the bar not lower it by accepting individuals with bachelors degrees and an abbreviated boot-camp experience of The Effects on Patient Care, professional preparation in order to produce teachers who stimulate higher levels of learning in hollis v vabu (2001) all our nations children. The Ed.D. and of Staffing on Patient Essay, Other Certification Charades. Patrick Welsh teaches English at T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria, Va. He writes often about education. The credentialing game in public education may have once been a well-meaning effort to create some measurable criteria to maintain standards, but it has turned into an absurd process that forces both teachers and administrators to bernard shakespeare, waste time jumping through hoops that have little or no relation to their job performance.

Nothing shows how downright phony the game is than the Ed.D.s the The Effects on Patient Essay Doctors of Education. I have seen administrators who have had trouble writing clear letters home to parents and who murdered the English language in public go about brandishing their degrees and insisting on on Plundering the Past by Picasso, being called Doctor. On the other hand, the two best principals in my high school T.C. The Effects On Patient Care Essay! Williams in Alexandria, Va. Of Industry Brings Suffering To Countryside By Louisa Lim Essay! never bothered to get doctorate degrees; in fact, one did not even have a masters when he was first hired. Both were appointed by wise superintendents who knew natural leaders when they saw them. The credentialing game is even worse when it comes to teachers, because bureaucrats, obsessed with rules and numbers, would rather hire a mediocre but fully certified prospect than the The Effects of Staffing on Patient brightest, most promising applicant who lacked the of Industry Brings by Louisa education courses. Take the case of a young woman who taught government at our school a few years ago. The Effects Of Staffing On Patient Care! A Yale graduate, a dynamic teacher and coach loved by kids and parents, she came into the school system on a provisional certification policy that gave her three years to take the required 18 credit hours. At the end of the third year she completed all the course work and Arrival of Industry Suffering to Countryside Lim Essay, carried her transcripts to Care Essay, the Alexandria personnel office, only to learn from the district director of human resources that he was terminating her. His reason: The state would not be able to Essay, get the The Effects on Patient Care Essay piece of Essay on Plundering the Past by Picasso, paper saying that she was officially certified to The Effects of Staffing on Patient Essay, the directors office before the seprate piece beginning of school in September. In their defense, school personnel offices have been under pressure from states and the federal government to have what No Child Left Behind calls a highly qualified teacher in every classroom. Of Staffing On Patient! Unfortunately, in psychology the bureaucracys eyes, a candidate who is not fully certified cannot be deemed highly qualified.

A few years ago one of the The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay brightest, most dynamic and popular teachers in the school a young man who had 48 graduate hours in creative writing was told he would not be certified unless he took a basic composition course, a low-level course he had been exempted from at the University of Virginia on the basis of his Advanced Placement score in high school. Brings To Countryside By Louisa Lim Essay! Fed up with this and other courses he was required to of Staffing on Patient, take to psychology, be deemed highly qualified, this terrific teacher resigned. A good start to ensure that schools get the best people in the classrooms would be to stop filtering candidates through personnel offices obsessed with education courses and The Effects on Patient, certification, and allow individual schools to advertise for the positions they need, and bernard shakespeare, then allow principals along with panels of teachers to hire enthusiastic candidates who exhibit knowledge and love of their subject and a passion for communicating that knowledge and love to students. The Effects Of Staffing Essay! The only requirement for certification should be that the new prospects accept mentoring by the best teachers in the school. Will there be mistakes in judgment and v vabu (2001), some candidates simply not pan out? Of course, but there is an easy solution get rid of those who turn off kids and cant get them excited about learning. Whatever its flaws, such a system would better than what we have now a charade that confuses taking mind-numbing education courses with being a highly qualified teacher and has ended up filling schools with tenured mediocrity the kids dont deserve. Jeffrey Mirel is the of Staffing David L. Seprate Piece! Angus Collegiate Chair of education and professor of history at the University of Michigan. Attacked for being purveyors of progressive educational snake oil, for The Effects Essay, providing inadequate instruction for pre-service teachers, and for pervasive anti-intellectualism, schools and colleges of seprate piece, education are among the favorite targets of educational reformers.

Indeed the success of Care, programs like Teach for America that get young people with strong liberal arts backgrounds into classrooms after only a few weeks of teacher training has led for seprate piece, some critics to call for the abolition of ed schools altogether. At a time when, for example, more than half of all secondary students taking history courses are taught by teachers who neither majored nor minored in history, any effort for Care, getting more people steeped in the liberal arts into teaching, as Teach for seprate piece, America does, should be applauded. But the assumption that merely knowing a subject makes one a good teacher is foolhardy. Knowledge of subject matter is unquestionably necessary for good teaching, but it is insufficient for being a good teacher. Ed schools can make a difference. Teaching is an incredibly complex and difficult enterprise. Little about the job comes to people naturally.

Prospective teachers need to learn such mundane but crucial skills as how to keep their classrooms orderly and centered on the topics at hand. Most important, at the same time, they have to learn how to make the subject matter of their content area accessible and worth knowing for their students, no easy task given the increasingly diverse backgrounds of on Patient Care, these students. When ed schools are doing their job these are the kinds of seprate piece, things prospective teachers learn so can they start their careers better able to handle the The Effects intense and unrelenting demands of teaching. For a long time ed schools did not focus specifically on how to bernard levin, teach challenging content to all students. On Patient Care Essay! But that is Essay on Plundering the Past changing.

Leading ed schools (e.g., Michigan, Michigan State, Stanford) have built their teacher education programs around the marriage of subject matter and methods. Of Staffing On Patient! This is one of the most promising developments in seprate piece American education today. Arthur Levine is the president of the Woodrow Wilson Foundation and former president of Teachers College, Columbia University. The idea of tying teacher salaries to the accumulation of academic credits and advanced degrees made sense when it was introduced as a vehicle for insuring fairness in pay and fostering continuing teacher growth. But it doesnt serve our children or schools well today. This system lacks quality control and too often encourages universities to offer quick, low quality graduate programs in order to attract those teachers who may be more interested in salary bumps than professional development. In addition, there is no requirement that the subjects the teacher studies be related to the needs of Essay, his or her students or school. There are two better alternatives. One is to improve the Essay on Plundering the Past by Picasso process: require that teachers study subjects which will advance their knowledge of Care Essay, their fields or expand their expertise into the Past, areas essential to their schools or childrens progress. Teacher study plans would need to be approved by on Patient Essay, their principal.

The second is to focus on outcomes: tie teacher salaries, not to what the teacher studies, but rather to the performance of his or her students. These comments should not be taken as a repudiation of Essay by Picasso, teacher education. Of Staffing Care Essay! Every child in America is entitled to a qualified teacher, who prior to entering a classroom as the of Industry Brings to Countryside teacher of record, should be educated in of Staffing Care Essay a subject field and pedagogy and Essay on Plundering the Past by Picasso, have the experience of The Effects of Staffing Care, applying both in a school setting. In the past, most states have given an increase in salary to teachers who pursue a masters degree. That may change, as states are now focused on whether or not teachers are helping all students learn. Psychology! State data tracking systems will eventually provide information on which preparation programs produce the most effective teachers. In terms of graduate degrees, whether it is a degree in the content area or a degree focused on pedagogy or how to teach so students learn depends on the needs of the teacher. Some teachers are well-grounded in content and would benefit from a focus on how to teach. Others need more knowledge in their discipline. The most effective teachers have good knowledge and skill in both content and pedagogy.

Current policy discussions are focused on of Staffing Care, how to transform pre-kindergarten through 12th grade education to Essay about Bipolar, ensure all students are college- and career-ready. The current system was not designed to achieve that level of performance for all students. Preparation programs are in transition. The most effective programs for on Patient Essay, initial teachers immerse them in schools for strong clinical experiences, prepare them to hollis v vabu (2001), function in teams, and focus on both content knowledge and pedagogical skills, including the use of data to improve student learning. Masters programs for experienced teachers should demonstrably add value to their teaching effectiveness. The National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education announced a major redesign in 2009 that will lead schools of education to focus on continuous improvement and the simultaneous transformation of P-12 and educator preparation. The redesign of masters programs is a priority. Another pathway for The Effects on Patient Care Essay, teacher professional development in lieu of, or in seprate piece conjunction with, a masters degree is the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards process which recognizes highly accomplished teaching. Of Staffing Care! About half of our accredited institutions have aligned their masters programs with propositions of the insomnia psychology National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, and some have designed masters programs to help prepare candidates for board assessments. Some states help teachers pay for this assessment and also provide financial supplements for Care, board-certified teachers. The redesign of bernard levin shakespeare, P-12 education and educator preparation will require a strong focus on performance in preparation, induction, licensing, compensation and career development.

Literacy and Other Destructive Fads. Martin Kozloff is a professor of education at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. A masters degree in most subfields in education (especially reading or what they like to The Effects Care Essay, call literacy early childhood education, teaching and elementary education) adds little or nothing to Essay by Picasso, students knowledge or practical skills. Indeed, a masters degree in of Staffing Care Essay most education subfields further stamps in the progressive, child-centered, constructivist, developmentally appropriate, postmodernist, pseudo-liberationist baloney that infects the undergraduate curriculum, and which leaves graduating ed students unprepared to provide their own students with coherent, logically sequenced instruction. Undergrad students enter ed schools and eventually graduate from seprate piece, masters programs still 1. unable to define knowledge (imagine if physicians could not define cell); 2. The Effects Of Staffing On Patient Care Essay! unable to identify, define and show exactly how to teach the different kinds of knowledge (e.g., facts, concepts, rule, routines); 3. unable to explain how learning is bernard shakespeare a simple and straightforward process of inductive reasoning (and not a mysterious process of discovery and meaning making that can only of Staffing on Patient be facilitated by teachers who are more like artistes than skilled technicians); and Bipolar, 4. The Effects! unable to determine whether teaching materials (e.g., beginning reading) adequately cover essential knowledge, and whether faddish, revolutionary innovations such as whole language (Students should NOT be taught to sound out words using phonics. They should GUESS what words say using pictures on the page and bernard levin shakespeare, the shape of words) have solid empirical support and will not make children illiterate. And if you ask graduating masters students who have managed to escape indoctrination (because they are fortunately endowed with a wide streak of skepticism), they will tell you that they learned nothing new.

Yes, many teachers with masters degrees in education are more skilled teachers. The Effects On Patient Care Essay! But this is not because they got a masters degree. They went for a masters degree because they are intelligent, were already skilled teachers (self-taught), and had the gumption to go back to school. Linda Mikels is the principal of Sixth Street Prep School , a charter elementary school in Victorville, Calif. What is an educated person? Michigan State University has answered the question well:

An educated person is someone who has learned how to acquire, analyze, synthesize, evaluate, understand, and communicate knowledge and information. An educated person has to develop skills that respond to changing professional requirements and new challenges in society and seprate piece, the world at large. He or she must be able to take skills previously gained from serious study of one set of The Effects on Patient Care Essay, problems and apply them to another. He or she must be able to locate, understand, interpret, evaluate, and use information in an appropriate way and ultimately communicate his or her synthesis and insomnia, understanding of that information in Care a clear and accurate manner. When I look for a teacher, I look for an educated person, someone who has been immersed in books, the arts, the sciences and Arrival Brings Suffering to Countryside by Louisa Lim Essay, philosophy through a liberal arts education. Our schools need teachers who have developed capacity for critical inquiry, for problem solving and for innovation. A liberal arts education, offered by Americas best institutions of higher learning, is The Effects of Staffing Essay immensely practical as a resource for life-long learning, for responding to technological and social change, and for passing on the value of a well-rounded learning experience. The art and skill of bernard shakespeare, effective pedagogy is arguably equally critical to effective classroom instruction. While most aspiring teachers hope to develop these skills through university coursework, in reality the most effective training is acquired through an apprenticeship at a high-performing school with a highly effective classroom teacher. The Effects! As with most trades, the craft of insomnia, effective pedagogy is one that is best developed in the context of the workplace. A liberal arts education when combined with an empowering apprenticeship unlocks the potential for a teacher to enter the The Effects of Staffing Care classroom with passion, commitment and a sense of possibility for the community (s)he serves.

Comments are no longer being accepted. I went to grad. ed. school for 3 months and I learned that we need to lower our expectations and the Past by Picasso, that reading is obsolete. Discussion is paramount and opinion are usually as important as facts. Kids dont need to of Staffing on Patient Care Essay, know anything because they can look it up! Teachers must be dedicated to their jobs. They must be passionate about their work in order to captivate the minds of their students. They must believe that they are a constructive force in their students lives.

They must remain optimistic about the positive results of about, their effort, because in many instances they may never get to The Effects on Patient, know the fruits of their labor. Hollis V Vabu! These abilities are gifts that can not be acquired with advanced degrees no matter how much they cost. Therefore, teachers should be rewarded mainly for their performance on the job and much less for formal credentials. Yet, we must not forget that a teachers success builds on the receptiveness of the students in no small measure. My son attends a magnet school. The great success of this school depends equally on the competence of the teachers as well as on the bright eyes of their students. I have written more about this here: Patrick Welsh has the right idea. Patrick Welsh gives the most cogent argument (and the detailed examples to back it up).

Only in America are the best and brightest routinely rejected from teaching positions for lack of accreditation while those who cannot speak grammatically correct sentences take their place. A friend of mine is in The Effects of Staffing Care a Doctor of Education degree program at UCLA. Seprate Piece! Upon completion he will _still_ be unqualified to The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care, teach in the public school system in his locale! This is bernard levin why we continue to have a 2-tier system where the on Patient Essay best teachers flock to private schools that do not impose irrelevant criteria on hiring. When a school can hire and fire a teacher easily, the only basis for keeping that person is ability in v vabu the classroom.

Teachers may or may not have advanced degrees, may or may not be schooled in schooling, but whether or not these teachers keep their jobs should only come down to how well they teach. I also tend to notice that supporters of The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care, degree programs are usually people who work in higher education and will lose out personally if those programs are cut I am a 6th grade teacher in a southern California public school. I have a 4 year BA in literature and a 5th year teaching credential, both from UCBerkeley. Essay Disorder! I also have a CLAD certificate for of Staffing Care, working with second language learners. Arrival Of Industry Brings To Countryside! I am qualified by CA standards. The issue for me these days, as I begin my 14 th year, is classroom behavior.

I used to The Effects on Patient Essay, have one student a year who lacked civility or any interest in attending to anything. Last year I had 6 such students, who each had a family story, of prison or abuse or alcohol or drugs or whatever, but the bottom line, my class was so much more difficult to teach, because several parents were not doing their jobs at shakespeare, home. Add to that issue, the Essay 8 students from another country who did not have English as a first language, who have lived in this country for psychology, more than 5 years and The Effects Care, still cannot read or write on grade level and who are living in several different homes with no particular interest in Bipolar their studies or the value of their education. The Effects Of Staffing On Patient! I have never worked so hard to about Disorder, teach and review and tutor, etc. and yet many of us teachers, good teachers, are having a struggle fighting this tide of behavior issues and indifference. The Effects Of Staffing Care Essay! Believe me, we attend the workshops, earnestly work in our classes, talk with the Essay parents, struggle with the kids, and still, it is not always enough. I like Martin Kozloff.

He doesnt take any crap. He wants what works. The one part I disagree with is his comment that learning is all induction. English, Art and History certainly are not always induction. I especially liked his last paragraph. It really rings true. The reason why they have advanced degrees is because they are good teachers. They arent good teachers because they have advanced degrees. Patrick Welsh is also correct. Schools should be able to advertise for a position and then the principal and a panel of teachers should evaluate prospective teachers and make sure that they are engaging, dynamic and inspiring. Oh, and know the course material.

As a practicing freelance writer since 1947 thats 62 years since my first paying job in on Patient Care the writing profession (a summer reporter on the Williamsport PA Daily Sun), and Arrival Brings Suffering to Countryside Lim Essay, a classroom veteran for the past 37 years, preparing to teach English composition classes in 10 days at a university and at a commuity college, I understand both sides of the dilemma faced by directors of writing programs at the higher ed level. And, Im sure, in the K-12 sphere. I agree that content-knowledge is a crucial attribute. Teaching a course in which youre one step ahead of the students is no fun. But you cant know how to The Effects Essay, run discipline until youve facec an to Countryside by Louisa, unruly class.

Fortunately, methods courses take care of at least part of letting you know what s likely to work. Im for longer teacher training, longer classroom observance periods, and realistic student evaluation. Student questionnaires about personal opinions of teacher performance ( as both my college and university offer) put numbers on student evaluations of teacher performance, but dont really quantify the day-to-day classroom problems a teacher encounters. Heres another article that presents different perspectives on the value of schools of education re teaching performance. To better understand todays classroom and the supposed failures of the teaching workforce, I would like to offer the The Effects of Staffing suggestion that every elected official, lawmaker, or person otherwise influential to public education be required to spend one week teaching before making important decisions about teachers and education. This, of course, should be in a public school classroom filled to Arrival of Industry Brings Suffering to Countryside Lim Essay, capacity with high-needs learners. The alacrity of on Patient Care, criticism toward the (2001) entire teaching profession is unjustified until those who are critical actually understand not only the learning process, but also what takes place to affect learning in todays classroom. As an alternatively certified teacher, I see great value in programs, such as the Essay Teaching Fellows via New Teacher Project, that take motivated and skilled people and turn them into good teachers. Disorder! I do not believe that people who are alternatively certified are inherently better teachers. Ive seen incredible teachers who came from The Effects Care, education schools, some with the much maligned M.Ed. degree. I believe that the seprate piece best preparation for of Staffing Care Essay, teaching is a combination of Arrival by Louisa, pedagogy and a strong apprenticeship-a marriage of traditional preparatory and alternative certification programs.

All new teachers would benefit from The Effects, a year of full-time work in the classroom beside an experienced and effective teacher. Seprate Piece! We learn by practicing-even the best surgeon in the world is useless until he has proven his skill on the table. In the absence of of Staffing on Patient Care, a preparation program like the one I described above, excellent professional development can help fill the gaps. That said, I have taken professional development coursework offered through local education schools that were absolutely laughable. Sitting through a 5 hour session that culminated in making a caterpillar from an egg carton is a waste of time. I went to learn how to produce higher rates of literacy in seprate piece English Language Learners-not how to produce a cute craft of little practical value. If I relied solely on the professional development courses available to me locally, I would never increase my skills or abilities as an educator. The Effects Of Staffing! Those of bernard, us who want to be great must seek out The Effects Care Essay, our own opportunities for growth, sometimes paying hefty sums in travel to find them.

Instead, these same opportunities should be available to everyone. Are schools willing to pay for better professional development? Are districts willing to put 2 teachers in 1 classroom, doubling their costs but better preparing students AND teachers for long-term success? Are teachers willing to levin, look beyond what immediately surrounds them to find the very best opportunities to hone their skills, even if it means they must pay to find it? The fundamental question remains-are we as a nation ready to truly invest in education? Until we are, this will remain a conversation about inaction, rather than a plan of action. As a profession teaching is not always done out of love.

For some it is safety net, or a guaranteed method of The Effects of Staffing Care, systematic advancement in an arena that is GOOD. Teaching is levin more than mere optimistic notions of improving students. Teaching is a job that comes with the extraordinary benefits of health-care, pensions, salary increases, and union add-ons. If you eliminate the system of advancement w/ grad credits you will destroy the current order of things and create a bit of chaos. Although the concept of salary increases based on student performances is a novel idea, it is not a guaranteed pathway to The Effects Care Essay, success.

Furthermore, how one measures success is such an abstract question that I can no more figure the hollis v vabu type of test than I can understand how it will be implemented. There are too many factors that get in the way to The Effects, make this a general practice that is widely accepted. Of course, this is about Bipolar not to say that a system of this kind should not be implemented, it is more a matter of how that I cant figure out. But- heck, education is supposed to be left up to the states. Of Staffing On Patient! The govt need only supply the state budgets. I received my masters from seprate piece, Teachers College, worked in an education think tank at Stanford, and taught in a small public school in Harlem. The full-time education degree was so easy that I was able to work full time and spend a long weekend once a month in New England. The Effects! I graduated early. Bernard! I never spent more than 5 hours a week on The Effects of Staffing, homework. I received only As and bernard shakespeare, A+s.

The think tank was ideologically driven and was filled with followers who couldnt/wouldnt think on their own. The woman they were following had a scheduler, an The Effects on Patient Care, administrative assistant, and an office manager. She worked from home almost every day in her school-funded mansion and talked incessantly about how she was saving the poor kids in the slums of East Palo Alto and New York. The small public school in Harlem was nothing new a messed up school in seprate piece a messed up system, with a bunch of on Patient Essay, great kids and a few great teachers. Most of the kids dropped out in middle school. The principal and counselor wouldnt intervene when I pointed out a relationship between one of my 11-year old 7th graders and a 17-year old senior she was pregnant by the end of the school year. I left the hollis v vabu field because I couldnt stand this version of corruption, where everyone tries to do the easiest thing instead of the right thing. When I have made my money, Ill put it towards supporting a great educational program. The Effects On Patient Essay! In the mean time, I support my friends who are fantastic teachers and administrators despite the system.

I hope Obamas initiatives start to support them and the students. A few thoughts on the field: Graduate schools of education reward faculty members for advancing their theories regardless of their long-term merit. Faculty members will funding and bernard levin shakespeare, their followers if they try to The Effects Care, change a policy or practice they initially advocated because they later learn it is flawed. Countless education professors have told me, Were not numbers people, as an excuse for psychology, using biased statistics and anecdotal evidence. True school reform and The Effects of Staffing, a better sense of equality will not happen through education schools.

They will only happen by getting rid of the deadbeat teachers and rewarding those teachers who help their students make progress. Seprate Piece! A system that includes thoughtful standardized testing as well as tracking individual student progress will help. The field needs to The Effects Care Essay, financially reward those who can teach so they can afford to continue teaching instead of being lured into other fields. The system also needs to support teachers who work so hard for their students that they stay in the field despite the harm it causes their pocketbooks and often their families. I taught college and high school for over 30 years and didnt have the misfortune of being forced to take education courses until I was 60. The courses were worthless. I worked hard and of Industry Brings to Countryside by Louisa, did very well by proposing ideas that I knew would please my teachers and, at the same time, be useless in the classroom. Moreover, I know of The Effects of Staffing Care Essay, no teachers who have spoken highly of hollis (2001), such courses (unless they were planning to teach them).

Its easy for me to say, given my experience, that more education courses are the LAST thing we need. What often gets lost in the discussion around merit pay is that around 2/3 of teachers do not teach a subject in which there is a state exam. So while rewarding teachers for performance makes sense on paper, it will have to The Effects of Staffing, involve more than just using test scores. Its a stunning revelation that a teacher (Mr. Welsh) would recommend that other teachers do not necessarily need to Essay about Bipolar Disorder, meet the The Effects on Patient Care Essay licensing requirements of their state. Why not open the other professions such as law and medicine to people who have the raw talent but have not jumped through the Essay on Plundering the Past proper hoops? The anecdotal story always makes for of Staffing Essay, interesting re-telling in a widely read newspaper. Yet, it is the aggregate that the we need to care about: are students learning? Does it matter that one (possibly pompous) creative writing teacher left the field because he did not meet the qualifications? He felt he was above having to seprate piece, meet the qualifications. Okay, so perhaps he should open a private, alternative school.

He would still be able to teach to his hearts content. No one is stopping him. There are also plenty of excellent teachers who take the required course because they know they have to pay their dues, regardless of their past experiences or talents. In my husbands case, he still had to jump through the state certification hoops and The Effects of Staffing on Patient Essay, he did, despite years of military and on Plundering by Picasso, business experience, combined with a PhD in his subject area. He has a passion for Essay, teaching and did the required work because he wanted to teach. The extra coursework was not the major sacrifice. Try living on half your previous salary and away from your family, just in order to teach. Ive taught 9-12 gr math/physics at a public school for 12 years. Education classes offer practically ZERO benefit for Brings Suffering by Louisa, doing my job more effectively. What we need are teachers who are MUCH more competent in their SUBJECT AREAS!!

Unfortunately, the only way to do this is to PAY MORE for people that actually know a significant amount about science and math. The Effects Of Staffing Care! In our society, that is Bipolar Disorder about as likely as getting Rush to support serious health care reform. Even after the last election, I am not too optimistic that our society has evolved that much All advanced degrees should be in Care the subject field being taught, whether that be chemistry, history, English, or math. Methods courses contain a few grains of value that could be taught by any experienced teacher during a weeks period before a new hire starts school in the fall. The doctorate in education is insomnia purely a vanity degree and the entire academic world knows it. Education professors get the least respect on campuses, and Essay, deservedly so. Lets take a male-dominated example to Disorder, make the point, since critique of teachers per se usually acquires a gender-discrimination label. Lots of males dream of being pilots. They borrow money to pay for training, take a long time to work up through the certifications, apply to on Patient Care Essay, regional airlines, and Arrival of Industry Suffering, start out making $20K / year, typically with a ton of debt for of Staffing Care, their flight instruction.

Most people say, Tough luckyou should have seen the market for what it was, and done something else. So many people want to be pilots that flight instruction companies can charge a fortune to train you for the scarce, low paying jobs at the entry level. Who cares? Theyre just guys acting macho. They deserve what they get from the job market. Why is it different with teachers?

Yes, its a societal priority. However, whats keeping teachers pay down is the same thing thats keeping pilots pay downthe competition for jobs with job content that a lot of people want. The Masters degrees are simply a symptom of a group of people who have an appealing claim on Essay Disorder, our good intentions, but are really looking to subvert market forces, which show that there are a whole lot more people who want to teach than there are attractive teaching jobs to on Patient Care Essay, be filled. So, the pay stays low. The teachers unions, the unsubstantiated and ornamental degree requirements, prevailing notions of societal good, aesthetics of the cultured mind, and desirability of a short work day and a long summer have horribly clouded this issue. (BTW, I am an English undergrad from Essay Bipolar, a state university, with a MA in social anthropology. The Effects! Im in the category of people who should feel entitled to grumble about this, but Im making the opposite point. About two years before finishing my MA, I saw that the world didnt need me as a teacher, and the Bureau of about, Labor Statistics corroborated it. I stayed in the job that was paying my way thru graduate school, and had a wonderful career in the private sector.) I listened to the wisdom of the market, instead of trying to The Effects on Patient Essay, jigger my personal preferences into a mandate to hire and promote me in a job family that was clearly overcrowded and over-administered already. Hey, aspiring teacherscreate a little upward economic pressure on salaries.

Find a different career and enjoy that, until the supply-demand curve shifts back your way. Then, see if you still want to be a teacher. As a former high school English teacher (with a degree in Education) and now a college professor, I certainly agree that education is essential to being a good teacher. But what kind? I seriously question the assumption that the Arrival of Industry by Louisa education essential for teaching comes overwhelmingly from a college course in how to teach. Currently, I work with a large Head Start program to improve kindergarten readiness in their preschool children. This work translates into developing ways to help teachers improve their ability to teach preliteracy and on Patient Care Essay, pre-math skills to 4 and 5 year old kids.

Surprisingly, my experience shows that the Arrival of Industry Brings to Countryside biggest obstacle lies in The Effects Essay the education and attitudes of Arrival of Industry Suffering to Countryside, administrators that are directly over the teachers. These individuals are often well meaning, say all the right things, and have advanced degrees and most have little experience with classroom teaching and even less liking. They tend emphasize tangential issues in evaluating teachers such as the colors in the classroom environment or how well the teacher met the compliance standards for lunches. Teaching outcomes or teacher effectiveness in working with children tend to figure little in promotions or evaluations. The Effects On Patient! Its not intentional on their part, but their efforts and emphases too often unwittingly undermine the practical teaching support teachers need for children of psychology, this age.

Many are ensconced in child development theories of the 1960s and 70s (still taught in many child education programs) that imply that children are harmed by of Staffing on Patient Care Essay, teaching them abstract skills between 3 and 5. And their passion for the truths they learned in college override reason and Arrival of Industry to Countryside by Louisa, the basic research findings that children who start kindergarten behind stay behind, even if they learn st the The Effects of Staffing Care same rate. Of course, these same administrators generally insure that their own children are well prepared in the same skills. entering kindergarten knowing all their letters, counting to Essay about Bipolar Disorder, 20 or more, and on Patient Essay, often being able to sight read three letter words like cat and hat. They have computers at home loaded with preliteracy programs, and Essay about Disorder, they diligently scout out preschool programs with the most resources and best reputation in which to enroll their children. Its never the classrooms they oversee. The Head Start teachers in the large program that I work with often have minimal college training, but 80% have a real liking and The Effects of Staffing, interest in hollis v vabu (2001) children and want to see the children grow and succeed. With administrative support for on the job training, we find they can learn to Essay, be quite effective without going back to school to get a 4 year degree. Of course, those that obtain one have a leg up, and it can be a real help in accelerating the learning curve to become effective effective teachers. But theory can be derived efficiently from experience and enthusiasm, assuming that outcomes are valued, expected, and administratively supported. The most effective method to make all children ready for kindergarten is to have assessment of learning outcomes and teacher effectiveness. The discussion of the colors in the classroom environment will quickly recede in by Picasso the face of performance standards that have meaning, relevance, and consequences. Such an approach may even help the U.S. regain a place among the top 10 (or even top 20) educational systems in the western world.

And instituting assessment and accountability at of Staffing on Patient Care Essay, the beginning stages of formal education might allow administrators to say, they learned everything that was important in education in hollis v vabu preschool. Teachers need education degrees obviously. It will set a bad example for students to believe, repeat believe, that you can make it without a proper education. What a shame that none of these education experts mentioned an alternative to on Patient Care, a masters degree: National Board certification for teachers. This is a rigorous process in bernard levin which teachers demonstrate their expertise by The Effects of Staffing, filming and writing about experiences in bernard their own classrooms.

Their work is judged by a panel of educators from The Effects on Patient, all over the nation. Isnt such on-the-job experience more valuable than taking a masters class of dubious quality? Arne Duncan, the insomnia Secretary of Education, seems to think so. In recent speeches, he has encouraged more educators to become National Board certifiedand more school districts to compensate these teachers monetarily. I agree with Arne. I am a 21-year veteran teacher who took a whole boatload of education courses in furtherance of my BA and MS degrees. They were utterly useless. The only The Effects of Staffing Essay thing that actually prepared me for teaching was student teaching. All of the other courses taught theory, but nothing practical. I am a very successful teacher, and parents and levin, students alike have sought me out over my career. I am prominent in my field and have made a lot of contributions on The Effects Essay, a global level.

I am creative and allow my students to be free and achieve as much as they want. I make the same salary as another teacher who does nothing but shows movies in Essay on Plundering the Past class all day. Care! I make the Essay Bipolar Disorder same as a teacher who refuses to show up for duty assignments. I make the same as a teacher who teaches out of the Care Essay textbook the same lessons every single year. I spend my summers revising my work, creating new and interesting facets to the course.

I make the same as the of Industry to Countryside teacher who spends their summer not thinking one iota about the next school year. Merit pay has some merit, it encourages certain behaviors and discourages others. What I am afraid of is The Effects of Staffing on Patient that it will be used to reward the wrong people. Many times, if a teacher does the on Plundering by Picasso right thing all the time and does an The Effects on Patient, exceptional job in the classroom, one mistake or offhand comment is psychology likely to land them in trouble with administration. On Patient! If a teacher is insomnia mediocre, it is because they have been allowed to get away with it, their behavior empowered by administration. There is The Effects a great deal of cronyism in the business, and hollis v vabu, it skews the playing field. It has always been like that, and it likely always will be. Wow, Kozloff NC Wilmington, eh?

Lets just leave it at that. The problem with Croccos diss on teach for america is the reality of Care, awful inner-city schools. Seprate Piece! There is no one who can teach at some of these hell-holes for of Staffing Care, more than a few years, max. Arrival Of Industry Brings Suffering To Countryside! They burn out, and either move on, or learn to game the system by The Effects of Staffing Care, doing the (2001) absolute minimum. I teach at the worst school in my city. As in, the police are scared to go there. As in, two of my students were shot in the face last year by of Staffing Care, other students who are now serving time. The content I thought Id be able to teach is now a distant dream 90% of what I do is try to Essay about Bipolar, get students to learn anything. Teach for Care, America people arent good at dealing with this. They come as I did from decent liberal arts schools and solid middle class families, and have no idea what to do when a 220lb football player picks up a giant fan and throws it at someone else, but the school refuses to Arrival to Countryside, suspend him because hes necessary to the team. I digress.

But the point is, TfA people arent the best at this, but they have ENERGY. On Patient Essay! And part of that energy comes from knowing that they wont have to teach in this hell-hole for the rest of their lives. Its a public service for the less fortunate. Seprate Piece! If everyone had to on Patient Essay, do 2-3 years of this upon graduating from college, before going off to work at Goldman Sachs or whatever, we would be infinitely better off. V Vabu (2001)! Not because there wouldnt be problems, but because they could throw themselves into this mess for on Patient Care Essay, a few years knowing theyre moving on.

This would be infinitely preferable to seprate piece, most of the of Staffing on Patient Care Essay old, entrenched, tenured teachers we have here, who long ago gave up on these troubled students, and who now have figured out exactly how to seprate piece, make it look like theyre busy when someone comes around, but who are only interested in picking up their paycheck and on Patient Essay, getting out asap. Linda Mikels definition of an educated person is the saddest thing Ive ever seen. Where are the words joy, love, curiosity, energy and compassion? I feel sorry for the students at psychology, her prep school. What exactly is she prepping them for? Where is the The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay discussion on paying administrators based on psychology, performance? After all, theyre at-will employees already and their salaries are the highest, at 6 figures.

Likewise, where is the discussion on the golden parachutes that superintendents continue to be rewarded with when they are FIRED? Visit Room for Debates new home on The New York Times Web site.Readmore Should More Veterans Get P.T.S.D. The Effects Of Staffing! Benefits? What does the latest research tell us about the extent of seprate piece, combat trauma?Readmore Do U.S. Donors Drive Israeli Politics?

Are American citizens contributions to West Bank settlements helping or hurting the The Effects Care peace process?Readmore What We Still Dont Know About Sunscreens. Why has the F.D.A. stalled in requiring better labels and insomnia, safer ingredients in sunscreens?Readmore The Pitfalls in Identifying a Gifted Child. Are New York Citys plans to revamp testing of preschoolers for gifted programs a step backward? Readmore

Expert Essay Writers -
Does Shortage Of Nursing Staff Negatively Influence Nursing Essay

Nov 25, 2017 The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay, order content from the best essay writing service -

KFC says it has been making the of Staffing on Patient same mistake for decades but now it has a plan to beat Chick-fil-A. One year after KFC brought back Colonel Sanders, business is better than it had been in years. But the chain needs to accomplish one thing if it wants to truly come back: persuade Americans to trust its food. In the birthplace of this brand, KFC hasn't done well in decades, KFC's chief marketing officer, Kevin Hochman, told Business Insider during a visit to the chain's Louisville, Kentucky, headquarters. As the chain exploded internationally, sales stagnated and locations rapidly shuttered in the US. KFC has lost more than 1,200 net restaurants in the US in the past 14 years, going from 5,472 locations in 2002 to by Picasso 4,270 restaurants today. Then there's the issue of KFC's food. The chain has been plagued by The Effects of Staffing rumors of using steroids to produce Frankenchicken, even as KFC fries its chicken fresh at each restaurant. At the same time, business has been booming for Essay Disorder, its rival Chick-fil-A, which passed KFC as the No.

1 chicken chain in The Effects of Staffing, the US by sales in insomnia, 2013 with half as many locations. To turn business around, KFC last year turned to the man who started it all: Colonel Harland Sanders. The chain is now undergoing a Re-Colonelization, reinventing its menu, remodeling restaurants, and retraining employees across the US. Sales are rising, with growth every quarter since the Colonel's return. Here's why KFC's controversial campaign to The Effects on Patient Care bring back its founder's image worked and psychology, what the chain still needs to do to The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care regain its spot as the top chicken chain in America. As Hochman tells it, KFC began a decades-long decline in quality and sales when Colonel Sanders died in levin shakespeare, 1980. The issues started with the brand when he died, Hochman told Business Insider, comparing the post-Sanders-era KFC to Apple after the death of its cofounder Steve Jobs. People think he was just our spokesperson, and some people don't even know he's real.

But, he's really the founder of our values and our recipes. Soon after the death of Sanders, the chain decided to The Effects of Staffing Care Essay ditch the Colonel and its iconic red-and-white stripes from marketing. It instead focused on ads featuring young customers, and it introduced a cartoon Colonel in the 1990s something executives today see as an embarrassing misstep. The Past? In 1991 the The Effects Care Essay chain changed its name from levin shakespeare, Kentucky Fried Chicken to KFC to highlight nonfried products, but the move inspired rumors that the Essay company genetically modified its chicken . Operations broke down internally, as the psychology chain added menu options without considering the effect the changes would have on employees. Attention to bone-in chicken which remains the bulk of KFC's business was downplayed in favor of popcorn chicken and other new developments. The Effects Of Staffing On Patient Essay? Tellingly, one of the hollis chain's most memorable recent products is the Double Down, a double-meat, pseudo-sandwich that KFC is now eager to The Effects Essay erase from Americans' memories. In the 1990s, KFC bet big on of Industry Brings to Countryside by Louisa Lim Essay being hip, running ads starring young customers and chasing trends. The chain even produced an ad featuring a rapping Colonel Sanders. For a while, it worked. Now, as millennial consumers bristle at pandering and authenticity is the catchphrase of the day, it doesn't sell. The consumer bulls--- meter couldn't be higher, Hochman said.

They know when you're being authentic and true. So the chain decided to The Effects Care return to its roots. In May 2015, KFC released an ad starring comedian Darrell Hammond as Colonel Harland Sanders. It attracted a quick reaction in the US not all of it positive. Those who hated the new campaign quickly emerged as the loudest voices on social media. So far the response has been about 80% positive, 20% hate it, Greg Creed, the CEO of KFC's parent company, Yum Brands, said at psychology, a conference a few weeks after the commercial ran. And I am actually quite happy that 20% hate it, because now they at least have an opinion.

Hochman told Business Insider that KFC knew bringing back a more traditional Sanders was a major risk but thought it necessary. We have to The Effects of Staffing on Patient Essay have a point of view, Hochman said. We've been playing it safe for so many years some people will like it, some people won't like it, but at the end of the seprate piece day if we're growing our business and we get more people into our brand, it's worth it. Jim Gaffigan as Colonel Sanders in an ad released on Super Bowl Sunday. KFC. The campaign required some tweaking. Hochman said many critics thought KFC was mocking the dead in wanting to poke fun at itself. Care? Sometimes jokes got a little too meta and went over some consumers' heads, such as an ad in which a family of the Past by Picasso four (a longtime go-to for KFC commercials) eats a family meal in the Colonel's limousine. As the campaign has continued, with three comedians playing the Colonel in the past year, critics' voices have died down. One year in, it looks as if the campaign has gone from a controversy to of Staffing Essay a marketing success. Commercials starring Colonel Sanders have accumulated millions of views on YouTube, with the the Past by Picasso Colonel's reintroduction in the No.

1 spot, reaching more than 7 million views . The British ad-tech company Unruly crowned the chain the most shared fast-food brand of the The Effects of Staffing on Patient Care Essay year . Perhaps most exciting for the brand, celebrities are increasingly talking about KFC without the chain paying them to do so. Colonel Sanders wasn't a chef until 40. He franchised his first @kfc at 62. Don't ever stop dreaming. Disorder? Steve Harvey (@IAmSteveHarvey) August 27, 2015. The thing that destroys me, Hochman said, was when people say KFC is disrespecting the Colonel. Essay? Hochman said he deeply researched Sanders (KFC has both a museum and an impressive archive) and spoke with as many people who knew Sanders as he could find. Just the opposite I'm trying to make him relevant again so that a Steve Harvey will tweet about him unprompted! While commercials have been the Colonel's most noticeable return to KFC, Sanders also dominates the company's multimillion-dollar remodeling efforts . More than 50 locations have already been remodeled, and there are plans to redesign 70% of the chain's US locations, or 3,000 restaurants, in the next three years. A remodeled KFC in insomnia psychology, Louisville, Kentucky. Kate Taylor.

In brand-new locations, the The Effects of Staffing Colonel is everywhere: plastered on the building's exterior, quoted on about Bipolar Disorder walls, and even displayed behind-the-scenes in The Effects Care, the kitchen. KFC's chief development officer, Brian Cahoe, says the design and Essay Disorder, new ads go hand-in-hand in revamping the brand's image and bringing customers back to KFC. Putting the Colonel front and center seems to be yielding results for of Staffing on Patient Essay, the chain. KFC told Business Insider that millennials' belief that the brand was relevant to them grew in the double digits since the new campaign began. KFC recently achieved its seventh consecutive quarter of sales growth at locations open at least a year, or same-store sales. In 2015 the brand grew system sales, the total sales of all franchise and psychology, corporate locations, by 2% in the US. Simply bringing back the Colonel, however, can't save KFC. The Colonel's distinctive voice may help pierce the of Staffing on Patient Care din of endless marketing by other brands, even for those who hated him. But now KFC needs to get Americans to listen to what he is saying. KFC chef Bob Das demonstrating the process of making KFC chicken. Kate Taylor.

In April, KFC announced it was undergoing Re-Colonelization, which it describes as a public recommitment to quality involving national employee retraining and a new satisfaction guarantee. Customers were saying, 'Your food doesn't taste the same,' Jason Marker, KFC's US president, said in a press event announcing the program. We're not making the food the same way the Colonel had, and we're not making food in what he described as 'the hard way.' Today marks the end of that. If year one of Colonel Sander's revival at KFC was about rejoining the conversation, part two is making the conversation about food. A piece of KFC chicken that a customer found, with a fried lung inside. Levin? The Daily Mail. Doing things the hard way we think that's our difference in comparison to McDonald's or most QSRs, or quick-service restaurants, said Hochman, who plans to of Staffing on Patient Care double down on marketing the food story at KFC.

We aren't serving stuff that's being cooked in (2001), a central kitchen, frozen, and The Effects on Patient, then reheated. We're really making food. KFC chicken is not organic or antibiotic-free, but it is prepared by insomnia hand in every restaurant, never frozen (except in special circumstances, such as transport to Hawaii and Alaska), and made without artificial hormones or steroids. Despite this, the chain has been plagued with rumors about mutant chickens and general skepticism regarding food quality. That's where yet again the Colonel comes in. Internally at KFC, Colonel Sanders represents high-quality chicken and Essay, doing things the hard way. The Colonel launched a Re-Colonelization program of seprate piece his own at KFC in the 1970s, when he was disgusted by the brand's departure from of Staffing on Patient, his recipes.

KFC lore says that he would travel to restaurants around the Arrival by Louisa US, testing gravy with a golden spoon. If he didn't like it, he would dump that gravy on the floor of the restaurant. If you aren't a KFC history buff, the Colonel-quality link is of Staffing, less clear. About Bipolar? Re-Colonelization tries to make the connection, using the of Staffing on Patient Essay catchphrase Colonel Quality Guaranteed. New ads further the effort, with commercials with lyrics like the hard way is the way. KFC also launched a blog called Chicken Chattin', written under the Colonel Sanders name, with posts like The Great KFC Mutant Chicken Myth and KFC Colonel Sanders Pledge. Still, while the shakespeare Colonel Sanders campaign may have grabbed customers' attention, getting Americans to believe a promise by a comedian dressed as Colonel Sanders that KFC sells genuine, real food might be more difficult.

I think it's going to on Patient Essay take time, Hochman said. You can't just pivot from Double Downs to insomnia 'We make fried chicken in The Effects on Patient Care, the back of the house' overnight. Nashville hot chicken. Kate Taylor. New menu items far from the insomnia Double Down are also realigning KFC for The Effects Care Essay, a food-focused future. The chain launched Nashville hot chicken, based on an iconic Nashville, Tennessee, dish, in January.

While some were skeptical of the (2001) product, sales were strong. Nashville, a city originally highly unimpressed by KFC's take on the spicy dish , ended up being one of the of Staffing Care Essay top markets of the chicken's sales, according to seprate piece KFC. Still, the changes aren't enough. Re-Colonelization, with its employee retraining and The Effects Care, attempts at improving customer service, needs to extend into KFC kitchens across the Essay the Past US for the chain to take on its biggest fried-chicken competitor. Chick-fil-A recently debuted a valet service in an effort to better serve busy parents. YouTube/The Texting Yoga Pants. While buckets of Original Recipe chicken can be prepared perfectly in KFC's test kitchen, ensuring that chicken is The Effects Care Essay, made the hard way at every KFC location is hollis v vabu (2001), a much more difficult task. Unlike reheating frozen food (like McNuggets) or preparing food (like a Subway sandwich) in front of Essay customers, there's a much wider margin for error when cooking is put in the hands of employees.

Operations, quite frankly, has been broken for a long time, Hochman said. KFC's difficulties in maintaining quality are complicated by Essay about Bipolar its biggest fried-chicken competitor. Chick-fil-A has some of the highest ratings for taste and customer service in The Effects of Staffing, the business a fact analysts say allows its locations to make triple the revenue of KFC restaurants. Chick-fil-A's dominance on a restaurant-by-restaurant basis can be traced in insomnia psychology, part to the chain's peculiar business model. The company accepts just 0.4% of Essay franchisees, making it one of the bernard shakespeare most selective chains in the industry.

Operators do not own or receive any equity in their business and can open only on Patient Care Essay one location. The kitchen of a remodeled KFC location. Kate Taylor. I don't necessarily subscribe to their religious beliefs, or their beliefs about the bernard levin world, but I think they find owners that are religious bent [who] tend to be more conservative, Hochman said. They can make sure that procedures get followed. The Effects Of Staffing Care? I think that's a competitive advantage for them. I don't know if it's an advantage I would want, but it's certainly working for them from a business standpoint. Today, Chick-fil-A is pushing a more apolitical, inclusive message than it has in the past. Essay About Bipolar? F ranchisees are still encouraged, however, to become entrenched in their communities, including involvement in The Effects of Staffing on Patient, local churches a strategy that has helped build up the chain's loyal fan base over the years. It's difficult to pin down what sets Chick-fil-A employees apart (their pay is roughly equivalent to other chains' employees), though the levin shakespeare company attributes its success to investing in training employees. With only The Effects of Staffing on Patient one location per insomnia psychology franchisee and a strongly cultivated company culture, that training may come more easily than at chains like KFC.

In essence, Chick-fil-A has developed a reputation for The Effects on Patient, customer-service excellence. KFC has developed the opposite, with even the insomnia psychology company acknowledging that customers no longer trust restaurants to delivery quality food, sparking Re-Colonelization. Another detail in the remodeled kitchen. Of Staffing Care? Kate Taylor. KFC's operations problems need to be fixed for the chain to stay competitive with Chick-fil-A. As with everything today at KFC, the company's game plan comes back to Essay on Plundering the Colonel. While Re-Colonelization at first seems like a consumer-focused quality pledge, it has far greater impact behind-the-scenes at KFC. Last year, pressure fryers across the country were recalibrated. The chain spent more than 100,000 worker-hours retraining more than 20,000 employees. KFC held 43 rallies across the US, attended by Care more than 97% of restaurant general managers, in addition to national training events at on Plundering the Past, every KFC location in the US. Remodeled locations have blackboards to show customers the name of the chef and the origin of the of Staffing on Patient Care Essay chicken.

Kate Taylor. Perhaps more interesting are the subtle ways KFC is attempting to boost employee performance and customer service. The Past? Redesigned locations reportedly experience reduced turnover and encourage more applications; in the kitchen, new signs encourage employees to Make the The Effects on Patient Essay Colonel proud. Blackboards at remodeled locations tell customers where the chicken comes from and identifies the chef who is Essay the Past, cooking the chicken that day. Much of the brand's tech innovations are focused on employees, not customers, with digital innovations to help employees schedule shifts, restock, and even chart their distance from work to encourage timeliness. We've got an initiative right now where I'm trying to make it easier for our employees, Chris Caldwell, KFC's chief information officer, told Business Insider of the brand's tech developments that excited him most. Working in The Effects Essay, our restaurants isn't the the Past by Picasso easiest.

You have to freshly prepare food you don't have a whole lot of time for administrative tasks. KFC says taste scores have substantially increased across locations in the past year, apparent proof that the of Staffing Re-Colonelization process is insomnia psychology, working by boosting not only customer interest but satisfaction. I'm not going to tell you, 'Things are fixed! Say anything bad about on Patient Care, me! We're Teflon!' Hochman said. We're not.

We're still putting the pieces back together. It's a long road. KFC is Essay Bipolar Disorder, still closing more locations than it is opening, though the company believes that will change in The Effects of Staffing Essay, the near future, with growing sales and more remodeled locations. After the Colonel's success getting Americans' attention in of Industry, the past year, however, KFC is doubling down on its roots. Now it will be left to The Effects of Staffing on Patient Essay employees across the US to make sure that the chain's chicken follows suit. SEE ALSO: KFC is fixing a mistake it has been making for about Disorder, years. NOW WATCH: Heres how many calories are in 6 of the most popular fast-food kids meals. Recommended For You Powered by Sailthru.

KFC says it has been making the same mistake for decades but now it has a plan to beat Chick-fil-A. One year after KFC brought back Colonel. Get the best of Business Insider delivered to your inbox every day.